Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 11, 2008, 7:23 AM   #1

Hi, I have set up my camera to view photos imediately via my laptop rather than on the camera viewfinder but have found that photos do not save to CF card at the same time any suggestions please.

Thank You.

Cameras 20D and Rebel XT
russellsnr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2008, 7:56 AM   #2
Administrator

Features and settings for tethered shooting are going to vary between camera brands/models and software.

From your previous posts, it looks like you're using a Canon dSLR, so I'll move this thread down to our Canon EOS dSLR Forum, where some of our members more familiar with your camera may be able to give you some information about it. I don't know what settings are available in Canon's software (or if it varies between version) or if there is a camera setting that may influence it. So, I'd give more information on the camera model and software you're using.

If your software doesn't allow you to save to both the memory card and PC at the same time, there are some commercial products available you may want to look into. I see that feature (save to both) listed for Breeze System's dSLR Remote Pro here:

http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/features.htm

If you click on the Sample Timings section in their help files, you'll see some performance information for supported camera models when saving images to both the memory card and PC versus one or the other.

http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/help/index.html

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 9:15 AM   #3

Hi, Many Thanks cracked it
russellsnr2 is offline   Reply With Quote