Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 16, 2008, 8:46 AM   #1

Where can I find the WIA Driver for Mac's? My MacBook Pro can't see the camera. Canon's Download Library doesn't list one for Mac's. Ineed tochange the previous owner's name on my MK II.

BTW I don't have the cds that originally came with the camera.

Thanks guys!
Chris
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:14 PM   #2

Do you have the latest EOS utility from Canon. Can you try with the EOS utility.

And do check your Firewire cable. Most of the times the culprit is the Fire wire cable.
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:18 PM   #3

nymphetamine wrote:
Quote:
Do you have the latest EOS utility from Canon. Can you try with the EOS utility.

And do check your Firewire cable. Most of the times the culprit is the Fire wire cable.
Thanks! I just uploaded the latest EOS Utility this morning. I'll check the cable tonight.

Should of mentioned this before,EOS Viewer Utility shows the camera on the window to the left hand side but after a second or two a pop up window appears which says my camera's in not connected to the computer. My camera is still showing on the left hand side after this pop up. Under "options" "camera settings" is highlighted but when I click on it I get the same message that the camera's not connected to the computer. Maybe it is the cable. I'll check tonight.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:35 PM   #4

Got it working! Thanks! :-)
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:23 AM   #5

great.

was that the cable?
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:27 AM   #6

It was actually my wife who got it to work :? I was about to give up when she suggested to run EOS Utility first then plug the firewire into the computer and then to the MK II. We got the "computer can't see the camera" message. She unplugged the firewire from the MK II while keeping EOS Utility on and repluged the MK II. It worked! We tried it a few times after I changed the owner's name and it was a hit or miss. We tried two different cables, both were hit or miss. We got lucky!