Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 21, 2009, 3:12 PM   #11

If it's the same photobug4741 over there, and judging from the post topics it is, he/she has a grand total of seven posts over there. Or at least it was seven at the time of this post.

Just seems like an impatient person who did not get the response they wanted in the time frame they expected.

smithkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 3:20 PM   #12

smithkt wrote:
Quote:
Just seems like an impatient person who did not get the response they wanted in the time frame they expected.
But that's the odd thing. He wasn't even the original poster asking this question. He hasn't asked ANY question here. That's what makes it so bizarre that he felt the need to lash out at forum members for being un-helpful. The only thought on the matter is that like many others he has probably been a member here under a different name in the past and felt slighted in some way. Because in looking at the few posts he's been involved in here I'm not sure how he became so jaded.

Hopefully, whether he comes back here or goes elsewhere he'll mature a bit and can learn from others and positively contribute to the learning of others.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 4:00 PM   #13

JohnG, you are right, there was no specific question asked in his own topics. They really were nothing more than statements to read the manuals. I suspect your response to learn general photography skills was not received well. This is what I was referring to when I said he did not get the response he wanted.

I suspect he dredged this up to try and prove a point that people were not responsive enough. Those who have been hanging around here for a while know better.

Google the user name and you will find a few other boards with posts using this user name. Some specific to video cameras and one other photography board. In the only thread started on the photography board, he simply made a statement that he just purchased a new camera. No question was asked. He then gets upset that no one responded.

Perhaps he is trying to spur some conversation with these posts, but doesn't realize they lack the substance required to spark any.

smithkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 5:37 PM   #14

smithkt wrote:
Quote:
Perhaps he is trying to spur some conversation with these posts, but doesn't realize they lack the substance required to spark any.
Then there's the possibility that he's just a simpleton...

Boldstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:28 PM   #15
Super Moderator

OK guys time to stop this, we don't need to lower ourselves too far so I've closed this thread.

Would be keen to see the OP's shots of the shuttle though.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote