Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 21, 2003, 4:45 PM   #1

Default Raw Format in imgae zone with 300d

Hi guys I just bought a 300d and quite like it but noticed the RAW format is not available in the "image Zone". Am I missing something?

Secondly I am looking for the right Raw fomat conversion utility and need some advice...I am an avid PS user and wonder if I should purchase ARC or go for Breezbrowser or Capture One?
Livebait is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2003, 11:19 PM   #2

No, you're not missing anything. Both the 10D and 300D only support RAW format in the creative zone. IE: tv, av, manual modes. Canon provides free raw converter software with the camera. If you are new to raw image processing try learning to manipulate the images with the Canon supplied software first. Otherwise, get the LE version of Capture One. It's pretty good. If you're shooting in pretty good lighting the high quality JPEG images are excellent you can shoot a ton of photos on a 512 mb card. Otherwise, you really need a 1 GIG card if you're mostly shooting in the raw format. I hope this helps

Bill
wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2003, 12:20 AM   #3
-jb

Default Re: Raw Format in imgae zone with 300d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livebait
Secondly I am looking for the right Raw fomat conversion utility and need some advice...I am an avid PS user and wonder if I should purchase ARC or go for Breezbrowser or Capture One?
I would recommend against purchasing ARC because it doesn't support the 300D. There will probably be a hack for it, like the 10D, but I understand that it doesn't really map the colors accurately.

Unfortunately, Photoshop CS (new name for Photoshop 8 ) doesn't support the 300D either. I would be surprised if Adobe released CS without 300D support, but it could happen.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

I tried both Capital One and Breezebrowser. I didn't like the user interface or the authorization scheme in C1. I did like Breezebrowser and registered it. They have a special bundle where their Downloader software is half price if you buy it with Breezebrowser.

-jb
-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2003, 1:39 AM   #4
-jb

As a follow up... It looks like Adobe added support for the 300D in Photoshop CS. See the above link and look for EOS Digital Rebel...

-jb
-jb is offline   Reply With Quote