Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:11 AM   #11
Administrator

The packaging photos I see in that listing show the newer 30MB/Second (200x) card. But, the newegg.com specs still show 20MB/Second in the 4GB card listing. My guess is that you'll get the newer card models. But, if you don't, you may want to call them and RMA them (letting them know that the packaging photos are showing the newer 30MB/Second cards). The 8GB Extreme III Cards show 30MB/Second in their specs and packaging photos.

Please let us know if they're shipping the latest 30MB/Second models if you order them. My guess is that they are the faster cards, and they just didn't update the specs in the listing for the 4GB model.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:20 AM   #12

Jim,

I found these cards also. What do you think??

http://www.adorama.com/IDSEDCF4G.html

"Quote on the site" : At 45 MB/second*, the sequential read/write speed of the SanDisk Extreme DucatiEdition CompactFlash card is as fast as they come.

IslandBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:40 PM   #13
Administrator

They're 300x cards, and test very fast in a 50D. But, a 4GB 300x (45MB/Second) Extreme Ducati like that will cost you almost as much as an 8GB 200x (30MB/Second) Extreme III (and newegg's specs for the 8GB show it to be a newer 30MB/Second card).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820171341

The faster you go, the less you'll get in space/Dollar. So, you'll need to decide which is more important to you for a given budget. ;-)

See this link I included in my first post, and you'll see the Sandisk Ducati cards at the top of the list for cards tested in your model:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/cam...?cid=6007-9672

Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:34 PM   #14

I see now. Its only a few bucks more for the 8gb card compared to the 4gb Ducati. ($55.00 vs. $50.00.) Thanks again Jim for the help. I'm gonna go with one of the theExtreme III CF cards.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 1:25 PM   #15

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Please let us know if they're shipping the latest 30MB/Second models if you order them. My guess is that they are the faster cards, and they just didn't update the specs in the listing for the 4GB model.

Jim,

Just received the CF cards in the mail. Yes, they're shipping the latest 30MB/ s / 200x cards. I purchased 2 @ $34.99 each. (4GB each.)
Old Apr 12, 2009, 9:26 AM   #16
Administrator

Good. The new 30MB/Second Extreme III cards appear to offer very good value (faster than the older models, and less expensive compared to the latest and greatest 300x UDMA cards).