Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 29, 2003, 6:20 PM   #1

Default need a good back bag

for my 10D. Maximum expend 100$

Any suggestion about camera back bags fot mountain excursiones?
Franco_Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2003, 7:17 PM   #2

Franco,
I bought a Tamrac Expedition 3 (Model 5273) at my local Ritz camera store. I put my D100 and a couple of lenses it. Depending on how long your mountain excursions are, this may do the trick if only for a day trip. Price, by the way, was about US$70.00. It's worth taking a look at. I know there are larger one's too, that may suit your needs, but could possibly go over the $100.00 limit you spec'd.

Good Luck,

Chris
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2003, 2:33 AM   #3

Look at the Loewepro setup, I use a Minitracker II AW and absolutly love it, it's very small but it still houses my:
10D + 28-105
Xs-driveII
Tamron 90mm
Sigma 70-210 f2.8
Sigma 135-400

All lensen with hoods connected.
And still ALOT of spare room in the front package and in the case itself (no more extra lensen however).

When you see the backpack it looks like nothing, when I open it up everyone looks with big eyes about what's in it, a bit like the Doctor Who Tardis, from the outside small, but OH so big on the inside .

It's a bit more expensive maybe than $100,00 but I would think about it.

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2003, 8:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr
Franco,
I bought a Tamrac Expedition 3 (Model 5273) at my local Ritz camera store. I put my D100 and a couple of lenses it. Depending on how long your mountain excursions are, this may do the trick if only for a day trip. Price, by the way, was about US$70.00. It's worth taking a look at. I know there are larger one's too, that may suit your needs, but could possibly go over the $100.00 limit you spec'd.

Good Luck,

Chris
very nice bag. But my 10D had a vertical grip always insered. I hope it is enough capacious to my 10D with Vertical grip

Thank you
Franco_Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2003, 1:52 PM   #5

What lenses/equipment do you have? How long will you hike? Will you be bringing food? Extra clothing? A tripod?

I want to second the vote for LowePro. Even if you don't get that bad (I don't know it) they make very high quality stuff with an eye both towards protection of the equipment and comfort to the wearer/carrier. I have their Photo Trekker Classic and like it a lot.

They have a very good web site, you should go there and check out their stuff.

But my main point for posting is that you should go to a store which carries many brands and look at the bags first hand. Bring your gear and load it up. Wear it around the store and see how it feels. That is really the only way to know if the bag is right for you.

Chrisr suggested a Tamrac bag. They also make good bags. I prefer LowePro, but that is personal taste (and many people I know suggested LowePro strongly... so I trusted their statements. So far, they have been right.)

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote