Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 10, 2009, 3:12 PM   #1

Default Canon EOS 7D

Has anyone gotten the new Canon EOS 7D camera? We got ours last week and, unfortunately, it is focusing fine on "one shot" but is not working on AI Servo. We've tried different lenses, different settings for focusing, etc. and all the photos have been either blurred or extremely soft. It doesn't seem to be tracking a moving bird well at all. Very frustrating. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem.
101Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2009, 6:39 AM   #2

I got my 7d 18-135mm kit last Tuesday, so far I haven't had any problems with the camera, just getting a Sigma 500 super to work.

Tom
THier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2009, 6:55 AM   #3

As for the moving bird tracking, you may want to play with the AF zones.

Tom
EOS 650,
D-Rebel, (D300)
now EOS 7D
THier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:41 AM   #4

Tom - both my Husband and I played with the different zones, with single spot focusing, with single spot extension, etc. No luck. We have a 20D, 30D, and 50D as well and we haven't experienced problems tracking a bird in flight using AI Servo with those cameras. We've decided to send the camera back and ask for a new one in replacement (the company we are dealing with will do that). It's kind of frustrating because, although the other Canon cameras we have work fine now, they didn't when we first got them. We've had to send three out of the four back for replacements (all due to focusing problems)! However, the replacements have worked just fine so, hopefully, that will be the case with this one too. We just don't have luck getting a good one right away! Three out of four is not a good track record
101Linda is offline   Reply With Quote