Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 9, 2009, 4:20 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithfulPastor View Post
Am I overlooking additional upgrades from the XSi to the T1i that should be considered in making a purchase decision?
the biggest is the expanded ISO. The XSi stops at 1600, whereas the T1i goes to 3200. and it offers 4 levels of noise reduction (if you shoot jpeg) rather than just on or off
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:30 PM   #12

This is a really good time to buy Canon cameras with the $200 instant rebate for the DSLRs. Black Friday is coming, perhaps the deals will be even sweeter. The only gripe I have on the kit lens is that it does not come with a lens hood. Canon factory made lens hood costs a lot for what it is. Even the ones are selling at Ebay are from $18-22 unless I buy the plastic generic hood which is around $4-5.

The XSi is pretty easy to use. It is not too much different from an analog SLR, so the learning curve is not very steep.
WCKSer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 1:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaK View Post
I am about to purchase the xt1. Right now, there is a special and I can get it with the kit lens and a 55-250 mm lens for a total of $899.

I think that I would like to get the 50 mm lens too. I can get the camera and kit lens (no telephoto lens) for $699 - then would add the cost of the 50 mm lens (f1.8).

My question: I use my camera mainly for photographing an active 4 year old and her friends - often in low-light and obviously often in movement! Is it better to get the telephoto lens package or should I just get the kit lens + 50 mm? I don't want to just have lenses that I don't use around, but then I have not had a DSLR yet, so, I don't have to hands on knowledge of whether I will rely mainly on one lens or many?

Thanks for any insights/advice
Where did you find the camera for $699 after rebate?
Netman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:58 PM   #14

If you are a registered Canon user with a qualified camera, you can get a $50 rebate by purchasing an EOS camera between October through December, 2009. That may knock the price to below $700 probably around $650. The lowest price for a T1i with standard zoom is $710.
WCKSer is offline   Reply With Quote