Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:50 PM   #41
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
There is a store here in Finland offering the 550D for 857,50...
That sounds about right for pricing in Europe, as I see Jessops.com in the UK has that kit listed at £899.00 right now with free delivery (preorder pricing). Of course, that's considerably higher than you can buy a 500D kit for. Early adopters of a new camera model will usually pay more (supply and demand, with demand being higher for the latest and greatest model).

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/...7142/show.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2010, 6:02 PM   #42

Well, I know it is priced higher, but just today, I saw the 500D for 679 euros... the 550E is just under 200 euros more.

Thanks.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2010, 6:17 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
That sounds about right for pricing in Europe, as I see Jessops.com in the UK has that kit listed at £899.00 right now with free delivery (preorder pricing). Of course, that's considerably higher than you can buy a 500D kit for. Early adopters of a new camera model will usually pay more (supply and demand, with demand being higher for the latest and greatest model).

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/...7142/show.html
UK is only one country in Europe. There is also the Euro zone countries also. Where pricing is a bit different from the UK. As things tend to be more expensive there.

Last edited by shoturtle; Feb 27, 2010 at 10:16 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:09 PM   #45

I'm in a point of total confusion. First I pointed to Pentax K7. Then to Canon 7d. Now this T2i at half the price or so (with nice video and ext mic, a plus for me). It's getting difficult to decide.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:17 PM   #46

If you shoot sports or action, the fast burst rate of the 7D is a big plug over the 3+ fps of the T2i.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:34 PM   #47

Hello shoturtle. Neither sports nor action. Any news about sensors in both?
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:40 PM   #48

It is pretty similar, I think it is like the t1i and 50d. The t2i most likely has one bus to the sensor while the 7D has 2 bus to the sensor allowing for the faster burst rate. But if video is important. I would get the t2i over a t1i as it can accept an external mic. Bug plus as the internal mic will pick up the noise of the AF motor. Even if it is a USM motor. And at 1/2 the price and you do not shot sport or action. It may be a camera more suited to your needs. If you travel allot the smaller body gives it and advantage. I find even a compact dslr like the T1i is still to big for some of my family's travel needs. I would not like to carry a 7D around on my vacations since I do not shoot sports. It is a bit to big for my taste.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:49 PM   #49

Better than the K7?
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:59 PM   #50

The AF system of the canon is better then the pentax. But next to that, it comes down to what you prefer in the imagine. The K-7 is a larger camera then the T2i if that is a concern. Both will do the job you have intended for your camera since sports and action is not a concern. I like the imagine of the pentax sensor. It is a little less noise then the canon at 12800iso.