Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:23 PM   #51
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
The AF system of the canon is better then the pentax. But next to that, it comes down to what you prefer in the imagine. The K-7 is a larger camera then the T2i if that is a concern. Both will do the job you have intended for your camera since sports and action is not a concern. I like the imagine of the pentax sensor. It is a little less noise then the canon at 12800iso.
doesn't the k7 top out at 6400?

and actually the k-x is a little better performer in noise than the big brother k-7. albeit without the rugged construction/weather seal and some other features.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:29 PM   #52

Yes the K-7 goes to 6400. But at 6400iso the k-7 is less nosie then the T1i. It is even less noticeable as oppose to the k-x and t1i at 12800iso. I actually tested this when I was deciding on what dslr to get.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:38 AM   #53

Thanks everyóne for your input... I am still weighing and comparing the K-7 and the Canon EOS 550D. I live in a cold climate, so weather-sealing is an important factor... But at the end of the day, I just hate to put down a thousand and then discover I could have bought a better camera. Anyway, I DO thank those who have added thoughts and info to this threád. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:19 AM   #54

WHERE can I download a GERMAN Owner Manual? - I have it in English

Included with 550D are FOUR printed manuals, sized for DWARFs. On 3 included CDs is no 550D PDF :-(

Wether for 500D nor 550D Canon lets download (german) manuals. Or I am blind ...
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2010, 6:38 PM   #55

Default Canon T2i

Every camera I've purchased since 2005 (6 in all) I first read about it here at Steve's. All were on his "Best Cameras" list. I had decided my next camera would be the T1i. Then I read here about the T2i. I'm dissapointed Steve hasen't reviewed it yet, but at least he announced it. (It was just this past weekend that I finally found a full review elsewhere.) If it was not for Steve's, I would now be the not as happy owner of a T1i, but instead, I am waiting for delivey of my T2i from Dell. Thank You Steve for many years of great reviews.
rmortonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2010, 7:22 PM   #56

Iiiiii never read a review about cameras - I bought the camera Iiiiiiii wanted.
Not cameras others declared for best.

Before buying a camera I loaded down manual, read it - and decided.

It's MY money, Iiiiii have to use camera, what others think is (for me) long x width x height x across.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2010, 7:31 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
Iiiiii never read a review about cameras - I bought the camera Iiiiiiii wanted.
Not cameras others declared for best.

Before buying a camera I loaded down manual, read it - and decided.

It's MY money, Iiiiii have to use camera, what others think is (for me) long x width x height x across.
Perhaps, but it is useful to find in depth reviews where sample images are made available, so you can make an informed decision.

Yeah, ultiamtely the camera I buy is the one I wanted to buy, and the decision is one I make. It's just nice to make an informed decision.
scaredpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:56 AM   #58

Thank You scaredpoet. "Informed decision". I like it. I tend to not buy much of anything until I have researched it and feel like I am getting the best/most for my money (hard earned money).
If I were a professional photographer knowing cameras would be my business. But since I am not, I very much appreciate (and greatly benefit) from the great work that others do in reviewing cameras and other products. Their passion for their art / profession / hobby help others like me to enjoy photography. My original comment was just to say "Thank You" to them.

Last edited by rmortonjr; Apr 6, 2010 at 6:46 PM.
rmortonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2010, 1:03 PM   #59
Banned

Default more information about Canon Rebel T2i

Hello, you can find more information about Canon Rebel T2i on this website - www.********.net
springrain2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2010, 1:10 PM   #60
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by springrain2 View Post
Hello, you can find more information about Canon Rebel T2i on this website - www.********.net
Actually, no you can't.

As a result of you trying to use our forums to promote this web site (i.e., trying to use our forums for commercial purposes to advertise this site), all links to it are now being filtered by our forums software, regardless of the member posting links to it (even if they are not associated with the site).

We do not appreciate spam here. You have been banned from posting here and you are not welcome in our forums.

Go away.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote