Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:59 PM   #21
Super Moderator

the d700 has dropped in price, but is still above the 7d in price. it is also full frame. it has the advantage in lower light conditions, as it is one of the least noisy sensors made. the AF is great, it really is a great camera. but ff also has its disadvantages, if you need more zoom range, the crop factor on the 7d can give you that, and it takes really good glass to make the most of the edges of a full frame sensor.

the 7d is a better camera than the d300(s) right now, by a very slim margin. maybe...
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:01 PM   #22

The difference between the canon and nikon 2.8 is about 500 dollars also.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:30 PM   #23

i made my decision.. it will be the 7d .. just need to get glass for it.. so i hope the shop has some glass this weekend for the canon.. i just don't think i will have enough for the 70-200 2.8 canon for a bit.. i just hope they will work with me some
lonefeather93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:31 PM   #24

Let us know how it works out.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:37 PM   #25

i certainly will.. just have to start getting all the stuff now. flash, filters. batteries.. you know.. start all over from scratch.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:40 PM   #26

You may be able to uses some of your filters just need to check out the sized for the lens you want. On the flash if you the the 580ex II, it is a great flash as it is the top of the line. But if you get the smaller 420EX II, you may also want to consider the metz 48 if it is available. It performs just as well with a bit more reach. And it can save you a little bit, if the shop you go to sells metz.

Are you planning on trading in the A350 and the sony lenses?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:01 AM   #27

Borrowlenses. com... I use them now and then. Great for testing out lenses and also for when you only need a particular lens for a special event.

For example a 70-200 2.8 IS I think costs a total of $80 for 7 days in hand. This also includes shipping to you and back to them. They start your 7 days from the time you sign for the package. You put the included return label on the box and just drop it off or have it picked up at the end of the 7th day.

Last edited by Widowmaker; Feb 25, 2010 at 8:51 AM.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:18 AM   #28

i don't know if i'm going to trade it in yet.. but i will think about it thats for sure..i do need to get a flash. but if i don't go with a canon what features will i loose. and thanks for the lens referal. i will look at that today..
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:21 AM   #29

For the price range, most likely the best sport camera in that level of camera.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 4:49 PM   #30

well i got my 7d today.. and when i went to talk to the sales person. i was able to trade the other lenses for one.. i have the canon 2.8 70-200 non/ IS.. i was able to save some money. and i get to use it for tommorow. and to see if it will be to my liking.. i was told anyways if i use a mono pod with this. to turn off the IS anyways. so i have one and i thouhgt i could save some money plus i did pick up a canon 50mm. 1.8 for 100.00 so i get to try to see if i will like it also.. the only thing i don't like is the plastic mount and body..