Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 12, 2010, 1:28 PM   #1

Default T2i US release date?

I'm very interested in getting this camera as my first venture into the DSLR world, but it seems like I can't find any information regarding when it will be available in the US. Amazon.com has it listed with the 18-55 kit lens as out of stock, as does B&H, but no word on when they will arrive.

I'm planning a trip to Ireland in May, and I would love to have this camera along for the ride, but I'd also like to get some time to get to learn it prior to so I'm not messing up potentially awesome shots of the Emerald Isle.

Thanks of course for any information. I tried looking around the board to find this info/question, and didn't see anything popping out, so hopefully this isn't an oft-asked question.
cjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2010, 1:44 PM   #2
Administrator

It should start hitting store shelves in the U.S. at almost anytime. The Canon USA press release for the T2i stated "early March" for the body only ship date to U.S. Dealers (but, the kit including a lens may take a little longer to hit store shelves from what I can gather by "reading in between the lines"). See the Pricing and Availability section here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/press...l-the-t2i.html

So, I'd expect to see it in stock at a variety of dealers well before your May trip.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 1:59 PM   #3

I have mine already. Honestly, I think I was lucky to see it in stock at an on-line retailer and was able to snag a copy before the rush hit. I guess my point is that it is released but finding it in stock may be a challenge for a little while.

Jim
iowa_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 2:27 PM   #4
Administrator

Congrats.

Yes, I have seen others in the U.S. report they managed to get theirs already. For example, see this friendly first post from a new member here mentioning that. ;-)

Canon T2i Review

With a brand new product, demand usually exceeds supply. But, I suspect we'll see the T2i in stock at a lot more dealers very soon.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote