Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:57 PM   #1
Administrator

Default EOS 5D Mark II Firmware Update Version 2.0.4

Canon has released firmware version 2.04 for the Canon EOS-5D Mark II, which corrects a problem introduced in version 2.03, as pointed out in this news article about it:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/news/...re_update.html

The Version 2.0.4 firmware includes the movie function enhancements listed in items 1 through 5 below, and also incorporates the correction listed in item 6.
  1. Adds or changes the following movie frame rates.
    NTSC:
    • 19201080 : 30 fps (changed - actual 29.97 fps)
    • 19201080 : 24 fps (added - actual 23.976 fps)
    • 640480 : 30 fps (changed - actual 29.97 fps)
    PAL:
    • 19201080 : 25 fps (added - actual 25.0 fps)
    • 19201080 : 24 fps (added - actual 23.976 fps)
    • 640480 : 25 fps (added - actual 25.0 fps)
  2. Adds a function for manually adjusting the sound recording level (64 levels).
  3. Adds a histogram display (brightness or RGB) for shooting movies in manual exposure.
  4. Adds shutter-priority AE mode (Tv) and aperture-priority AE (Av) mode to the exposure modes for shooting movies.
  5. Changes the audio sampling frequency from 44.1 KHz to 48 KHz.
  6. Fixes a phenomenon where communication between the camera and the attached lens is sometimes interrupted after manual sensor cleaning. (This phenomenon only affects units with Firmware Version 1.2.4.)
See this link to find out more about it, where you'll find a link to download this new version, making sure to take note of the Caution section:

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/fir.../firmware.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2010, 6:07 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Yay, more options to play with on my mkII..... this is a job for tomorrow then will let you know how it goes.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2010, 3:11 PM   #3

I tried today to update this firmware, but all I could get to was a box telling me it wasn't the correct file for this camera. Can anyone help please?
Gypsyrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2010, 5:28 PM   #4
Super Moderator

OK, please forgive me I'm not saying any of this to be rude, but I want to cover all bases. Firstly, you have the 5DmkII and not the original 5D? The firmware file when on the CF Card (assuming you are doing this method) is exactly the same name and size as is stated on the Canon website.

File name : 5d200204.fir File size : 9,782,556 bytes
What firmware do you already have on the camera?

If all of these are correct then I (and other members here) will try to think of something else.
Old May 13, 2010, 6:13 PM   #5

Mark, the present firmware on my 5d mk2 is 1.2.4 as I haven't attempted to update it since I purchased the camera. I have tried to update directly to the camera and also by the CF card.
Old May 13, 2010, 6:27 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Hmmmm, OK, sorry for asking the really stupid questions but it was better to get them out of the way. I had no issues upgrading my 1DmkIII or 5DmkII, they just did what they said on the tin. The file names and sizes are exactly the same too?
Old May 13, 2010, 6:42 PM   #7

Hi Mark, I had a short break and went back to it. I didn't follow the instructions to a t, the file was in a sub folder so the camera didn't see it, anyway the penny dropped and hey presto, update complete. Thanks for your help tho, and thought your pics in Egypt were very good, I liked No 6.
Old May 13, 2010, 6:46 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Glad you are sorted

Which pics of Egypt, I've posted a few of them since moving here?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 2:12 AM   #9

has anyone upgraded there 5D mark ii to the 2.0.7 ?
nene212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 9:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nene212 View Post
has anyone upgraded there 5D mark ii to the 2.0.7 ?
Yes I did, although didn't notice any of the issues its supposed to fix in the first place.

EOS 5D Mark II Firmware Update Version 2.0.7

1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the aperture exhibits abnormal movement when shooting movies in manual exposure mode and Aperture Priority AE (Av mode) using some Canon lenses (such as macro lenses).
  2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the exposure level shown in the LCD panel differs from what is shown in the viewfinder when shooting still images in manual exposure mode.
  3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the Wireless File Transmitter (WFT-E4 or WFT-E4 II) may not automatically power off when used for FTP transfers.
These phenomenon only occur with the Version 2.0.4 and Version 2.0.3 firmware.

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/fir.../firmware.html

Maybe this thread needs updating ?
Jayrou is offline   Reply With Quote