Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 10, 2010, 11:51 AM   #51

550D + 18-55

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 12:14 PM   #52

DonalDuc!

They are all nice pictures showing that you really can get quite good DOF-results with a kit-lens. Who would have thought that one get's such good Bokeh as in # 4? I wouldn't have thought it possible.

I see that all shots are done at f/5.6 (which of course is the largest aperture-opening on this kit-lens). Most are shot at 1/50th sec, but one of them (#3) even at f/9 and 1/30st of a second.

Handheld? No - tripod use for sure....?

I must say, after you have posted the test-pictures of your's i have been looking at Canon a different way, as I used to.

Thank you DD!

P.S.: Interesting to see your dandy-lions (L÷wenzahn) are already spawning seeds in Austria (picture # 6, 7 and 8) - here in Norway I have seen 1 (ONE!!!) dandylion that has just come out of the ground...!

This is not fair!

But tomorrow I fly to the island of Samos in Greece for a weeks hollyday in the sun - if the Islandic volcano ash-trail across Europe allows aviation to fly as ususal!

Keep your fingers crossed!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 4:35 PM   #53

All pictures are made freehand, dandelions are 1001 in my garden, next year 100100 :-). Wonderful flowers, but: too much is too much. I am surrounded from 1.000.000.000 dandelions :-|

I like "cheap" lenses like 50mm/1,8 II and kit lenses 18-55, my FIRST Canon lenses since 7 years .. this week I get a Samyang 8mm/3.5 and Samyang 85mm/1.4 - both manual control (focus and aperture) for using with Canon AND Lumix GH1 - each € 240 (from Poland)

It's possible, but a little bit complicated to use Canon lenses without manual aperture control with Lumix GH1
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote