Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:45 PM   #1

Default Canon Customer Service at Newport News

I recently notice my T1i was not bursting as quickly as when it was new. But did not pay much attention to it. And then I had the little mishap with a drop on a concert walkway when I was not paying attention when changing lens. And scratch but the back of the case. Only a minor scratch.

Well I decided to finally send it to canon after 10 months of uses. I called them up, set up the repair request. And asked for a free estimate on the cost to replace the back cover. And off my camera went to Newport News last Wednesday.

Well they notified may camera repairs were complete, but did not say how much the new case cover would be. So I call them and they inform me that it was done for free. That was a pleasing thing to hear. Now just got the camera back today at work. I open up the box, and the camera looked brand new everything was working like new. And they put a brand new case on the camera. There is also a new lcd screen, as the old one had a protective film on it. Talk about service, they really put a smile on my face when I saw that.

All I can say is that canon care about their customer. They really impress me with this repair. The problem with the burst rate was a minor electric issue.

PS.

I ask to know the shutter count on my camera 13,534 for 10.5 months.

Last edited by shoturtle; Mar 31, 2010 at 2:54 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:15 PM   #2

Great news, I love hearing about companies that take CS seriously!
waoldrifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:21 PM   #3

I was very please with them, I was going to the auto show this weekend. And was going to use my epl-1 and flash. Now I can use my canon and my 1.8 primes instead of 3.5-5.6, I think I will have better results in the horrible lighting at the convention center.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 2:50 PM   #4

Nice...hope adorama's warranty service is the same...
PATWRIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:29 PM   #5

I have to agree, The Newport News service center is fantastic. We had to send in our 70-300mm IS lens because it got some sand in it and it started making some really bad grinding sounds as it zoomed and focused. They received the lens on Friday the 2nd, an hour and a half after they got it we had an estimate in our e-mail. We approved the repairs on Monday morning and we got the lens back today, the 8th! The lens looks brand new and works great. The price was very reasonable also. I've been nothing but very impressed with Canons Customer Service.
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:04 PM   #6
Super Moderator

i have also had good service from canon.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote