Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 10, 2010, 12:33 PM   #1

Default T1i sensor coating

Does anyone know if the Rebel T1i sensor has the flourine coating? The press release from Canon states that it does but several review sites state that the sensor does not have the improved coating. I have contacted Canon support and they told me that the information I requested is not released to the public ( isn't a press release public?). I'd appreciate any feedback I can receive. Thanks
Ytown Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2010, 4:44 PM   #2

Coating is smoke and noise.

Important is quality of pictures. Quality is not result of coating or camera - but photographer!

Some people (I name them "Schnösels") believe a Leica M9 makes good photos ... hehehehe.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 4:48 PM   #3

I do not know if it does or not, but it takes very good photos, had mine for just under a year, with close to 25000 pics taken. And the photos still look as good as when it was brand new last may/june time frame.
Old May 10, 2010, 4:49 PM   #4

Thanks anyway donalduc, but if i wanted a stupid answer I'd have asked my dog. The coating on the sensor makes it easier to repel dust.
Old May 10, 2010, 4:52 PM   #5

Every time the camera is turn off the sensor auto cleans itself. I have not had any issues with dust on the sensor. And I change lenses indoor and outdoors all the time, between 10 different lenses.
Old May 10, 2010, 5:01 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytown Rebel View Post
Thanks anyway donalduc, but if i wanted a stupid answer I'd have asked my dog. The coating on the sensor makes it easier to repel dust.
to be honest, nitpicking the sensor coating is a bit silly too, so I wouldn't respond that way, Donald was just trying to help.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 5:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytown Rebel View Post
Ouuuuhhh ... do you have a silly dog?

I like Retrievers ... Golden and Labradors ... they say the same like I :-))))
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 7:14 PM   #8

I am sorry for the rude reply, but it's not really if the sensor has the flourine coating or not. It's the fact that Canon stated that it did in it's press release and now it seems that information was wrong. So I'm wondering what other specs of the camera are wrong. If I'm going to spend $750 for a camera it should at least really have all of the features touted by the manufacturer. Again, sorry donalduc, I know you are trying to help. I'm just a little fed up at Canon right now. It is a great camera too.
Old May 10, 2010, 7:24 PM   #9

Here is a review from november from last year that said it does have the coating. It is a bit confusing some review say yes, some say no.

http://photo.net/equipment/canon/dig...el-T1i/review/

Last edited by shoturtle; May 10, 2010 at 7:33 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 7:28 PM   #10
Super Moderator

well, i saw more reviews and such that said it did, versus that it didn't. i would be reasonably confident it does. and i would not worry about the other features, shoturtle and others put it through the paces and the frame/sec etc is pretty much exactly what they claim.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote