Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 6, 2004, 12:48 PM   #11

From the dealer I talked to, the 1D will be replaced. You can't get new stock of it. So my bet is there. Will they anounce two new DSLRs? I don't know.

It would make lots more sense to me that the 10D would be replaced than the other rumor I heard. That they will anounce a camera to fit between the DRebel and the 10D. To me, there just doesn't seem to be the price room there. But I'm no marketing person, so what would I know?

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 1:03 PM   #12
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessone
Seriously though, the thing that would upset me most I think would be if a better SLR came out from say Nikon, that was BLACK.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this spring Nikon will be releasing the D70--sub $1000 and yes, it's black. :-)

See here for more info:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0312/03120301nikond70.asp
Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2004, 9:23 AM   #13

Rumour confirmed by UK company, new camera due in March, probably out by April... Lots of price dropping of 10D in UK... Cheapest less than 1,100 UKP including VAT... Very good price as I get the tax back... I'm going to buy one as new camera will probably be priced nearer to the 10D price when they first were released. :-)

Charles Teton
charlesteton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2004, 6:03 PM   #14

Any chance the successor to the 10D will have a full-frame sensor? They could call it the 10Ds.
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2004, 9:34 AM   #15

I don't believe so. Full size sensors are very expensive to make, I would be very surprised if they could keep the cost down while using one.

Eric
Old Jan 15, 2004, 3:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric s
I don't believe so. Full size sensors are very expensive to make, I would be very surprised if they could keep the cost down while using one.

Eric
Then maybe they'll produce a 10D-like camera that can take the EF-S lenses. Unless they think people buying the mid-level camera wouldn't be satisfied with the optics of the 18-55, it's hard to believe they'd continue making that lens just for the Rebel. It's also strange to think of the entry-level SLR having capabilities the more advanced one doesn't.
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2004, 10:15 AM   #17

My guess is along your route. That they don't believe a pro would be happy with the 18-55. I've never used one, but the results from it seem very good.

I bet they'll stick with that sensor size, but it's only a guess. Nikon has more invested in its DX lens line, so it obviously will stay at 1.5x (and I believe they have stated they will.)

Eric
Old Jan 17, 2004, 6:04 AM   #18

I saw a contract on 01/15/04 that had conon selling a 10d , 24-85 lens extra batt, a 1 gig 30x cf for a total less than $1400 . how? they also got a 100-400 lens for a little over $1400 :?:
jag g is offline   Reply With Quote