Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 13, 2003, 1:02 PM   #1

Default Replacement of EOS 10D

Is Canon going to replace the 10d soon? Talking with some local camera store owners who suggest that base on canons patterens with cameras it is on the way out. :?:
jag g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2003, 3:16 PM   #2

Lots of rumors, but nothing substantial to support it. I would expect to see a replacement for the 1D first. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what is on the horizon.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2003, 9:05 AM   #3

Default Replacement of EOS 10D

As I talk to more camera store owners they tell me that they are geting the same Experiances from canon about the 10D as they did when the d 60 came along and also the 10d it self.
Old Dec 27, 2003, 8:09 AM   #4

I was in Ritz camera on Friday and the counter person told me that the 10 D was being phased out so I will wait until atleast Feb before I but a digital :evil:
Old Dec 27, 2003, 11:48 PM   #5
-jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag g
I was in Ritz camera on Friday and the counter person told me that the 10 D was being phased out so I will wait until atleast Feb before I but a digital :evil:
I'm amazed at the stupidity of these salesman... How do they ever expect to sell a camera if they always say something newer is on the way?

I think these salesmen are too dumb to know when something new is coming...

-jb
-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2003, 10:07 PM   #6

Default A camera body is simply a piece of electronic goods.....

The camera body is obselete the day that you buy it. Like a computer, there is something faster, and less expensive out the next month or so. So? So what?

Get a 10 D now, buy the best glass you can afford (there's your investment) and get out and take photos and enjoy. You will have had months of use and pleasure and experience, and when the 10D's "replacement" comes out, you will probably evaluate what it has to offer you and then say, "Nah...Ill stick with the 10D for a while longer and get me that 70-200 f/2.8 IS L lens I've been wanting instead."
Barbados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 2:03 PM   #7

Well places liike Ritzcamera nd bestbuy no longer even list the 10d on there sites
Old Dec 29, 2003, 9:41 PM   #8

i work for ritz, and as far as i have been able to gather, stock on them is so low in the system, it was taken off the website. they are definitely orderable, as i have done so for 3 in december.
from what i have been able to gather from our purchasing dept, canon has slowed production on them for rebels, which are vastly outselling the 10d
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2004, 4:17 PM   #9

Default 10D Brochure is out of print

Rumor central, but my dealer told me that the 10D Brochure is out of print and Canon will not supply any more brochures.

He is certain that the 10D will be replaced at the PMA show. Knowing Canon's pattern I would agree with this assesment.

Just to add a little my dealer also told me about the Nikon D70 last September (he did not know the name, but did know Nikon was planning a sub $1K DSLR to be released in spring of 04.

As for Rebels out selling 10Ds, this is no surprise. But to imply that 10D demand has slackened is wrong. 10Ds are selling very well. My dealer still has not caught up with demand. The Rebel appeals to wider audience, but the 10D is very hot.

Ed
eshropshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 2:06 AM   #10

yeah, well, i just spent my lifes savings on a Rebel and have yet to recieve it. Dammit you all, dont make me have second thoughts before the camera is even in the mail .

Seriously though, the thing that would upset me most I think would be if a better SLR came out from say Nikon, that was BLACK. You can say whatever you want about me, but the thing I wish most about the DR is that it was black, because black seems SOO much more old school and authentic, quality. If I had the money, I'd probably thinking about buying the 10D instead simply because of the color. I remmember, I had a G3 and then the week after I bought it they released the G5 and I thought, "Dammit, its my camera with another megapixel, but its BLACK!".

Sorry, just wanted to add my 2 cents
shoelessone is offline   Reply With Quote