Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 28, 2010, 7:02 AM   #21
NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymphetamine View Post
interesting to see pentax above sony.....i thought sony had a market share next to canon nd nikon
They goofed off

-> and exactly to illustrate the point, Pentax released many low-end bodies during this period while Sony tried to push their 850's to a smaller market segment (i.e. Pro and FF). Even if they can overtake Canon's 5D MrkII sales (rather unlikely) that's only a 2% market segment!!!

Look @ how much the micro 4/3 has gained in market share during this period from zero... (Hence the NEX series)

Last edited by NHL; Aug 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM.
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2010, 11:18 AM   #22

Unfortunately the Consumer end does drive the market. and you are right that most people who by the XT versions are not going to get another lens, most who get even the xxD wont buy another lens. Ask me there is no sense in owning a DSLR if your not going to get more glass to go with it, might as well just go P&S and save yourself money and space.
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2010, 11:21 AM   #23

even if you do not get more glass. The dslr buyer is still getting a large upgrade in image quality and low light performance when switching up form a point and shoot. So at the end of the day, it does still make sense.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:57 PM   #24

If the frame is plastic/aluminum, I would say it looks like Canon is moving the 60D closer to the entry level market.
shadokachr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2010, 3:57 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokachr View Post
If the frame is plastic/aluminum, I would say it looks like Canon is moving the 60D closer to the entry level market.
It also uses SDXC instead of CF cards, easier jump from Rebel series to 60D (unless you own an XT).
dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2010, 8:56 AM   #26

Quote:
more like the entry level market is getting the best bang for the buck....my next camera should take picture, prints and then sell it for me ......will wait for it
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:34 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymphetamine View Post
more like the entry level market is getting the best bang for the buck....my next camera should take picture, prints and then sell it for me ......will wait for it
Let me know when this one comes out! Ill buy it!
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote