Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:52 PM   #1

Default Canon 60D

Here is some canon info on the new 60D
http://interactive.canon.com.au/

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consum...Specifications

Last edited by shoturtle; Aug 26, 2010 at 12:28 AM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:00 AM   #2
Super Moderator

looks good. i like they stuck with the magnesium frame. the flip out lcd differentiates it a bit from the other models. video features look good.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:11 AM   #3

they uses a swivel like panny, so it works better on a tripod.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:27 AM   #4
Super Moderator

a bit crammed between the 7d and t2i. but expected.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:56 AM   #5

Very strange the XSi is now available again on the canon site.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 4:35 AM   #6

Quote:
looks good. i like they stuck with the magnesium frame. the flip out lcd differentiates it a bit from the other models. video features look good.

Hards,
Its not magnesium frame. Its the plastic one .

"So gone is the magnesium alloy construction that featured in previous models. Instead we have a consumer (and tripod) friendly 3:2 ratio articulated LCD and a smattering of easy to use variable program modes, plus some key 'step up' features (top panel LCD, rear control dial, higher burst rate), including a few that have trickled down from the EOS 7D. It also brings the EOS mid-range in line with those above and below by upping the sensor resolution to around 18MP and adding full HD movie capture."
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2010, 7:24 AM   #7

But it is mag according to the press release. We will have to see if canon goof on their release in the
canon Aussie webpage.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 9:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
a bit crammed between the 7d and t2i. but expected.
I agree and I am a bit surprised that the 60D was brought out.Is there a need for the 60D....a model between the 7D and the t2i.
The 7D is a great camera...so is the t2i....but is there a real need to have the 60D between these two feature rich camera bodies ?

Quote from the Canon news release:

"The EOS 60D is also the first Canon EOS camera to feature four new creative filters, promising lots of fun and more opportunities to experiment and express yourself creatively. "

I didn't realize this was a first for Canon. I've got a number of creative filters ...in camera...in my Pentax KM. The KM has been out for about 2 years.

I wonder if there will be a replacement for the Canon 5D Mk. 11. In Canada I've noticed significant price reductions over the past while. I've wondered if this is because of the intro of the FF Sony A850 at quite a good price for a FF and if Canon is responding...price wise.

I've also wondered if Canon will be replacing the 5D with maybe a Mk. 111, come Photokina ?

The 5D Mk. 11 is a camera body I would love to have....FF, rugged, etc.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:20 AM   #9

i bought my T2i last month, and was fully satisfied with it, when i read the features of 60D it has almost the same features of T2i except for flip LCD, pentaprism etc...its really strange why would Canon bring out a model which is almost similar to T2i..this would definitely effect their T2i sales.. as ppl would go for 60D rather than T2i.
Cameraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:26 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymphetamine View Post
Hards,
Its not magnesium frame. Its the plastic one .

"So gone is the magnesium alloy construction that featured in previous models. Instead we have a consumer (and tripod) friendly 3:2 ratio articulated LCD and a smattering of easy to use variable program modes, plus some key 'step up' features (top panel LCD, rear control dial, higher burst rate), including a few that have trickled down from the EOS 7D. It also brings the EOS mid-range in line with those above and below by upping the sensor resolution to around 18MP and adding full HD movie capture."

yea. i originally was going by the canon australia website that said it was magnesium framed. but the camera websites are all reporting a plastic/aluminum combination. so i guess we will have to see what the real story is.