Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 6, 2010, 7:18 PM   #1

Default Parts for MKIII (battery compartment cover)

Does anyone know where I can find a parts list for a MKIII. Im specifically looking to find a battery compartment cover.
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:21 PM   #2

Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CANON-EOS-1D-MAR...item563bfd0bb9
dnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 2:40 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Oops, what did you do to yours or are you wanting to store without the battery?

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnas View Post
Yes I saw that but
1) I dont do fleabay
2) The description is wrong as its not a battery door, its a battery compartment cover
3) there are no pictures or part number to verify if it may be what I am after or I end up with a battery door for something else or end up with nothing at all except for a hit on my bank account.

@ Mark, I never use the darn cover, I sold off a MKIIN about a year ago and I am pretty sure thats where it went. I now have a MKIIN cover that wont fit.

Im am making a trade with my MKIII body with a few extra incentives to get a low click MKIV.
The other part of the trade has conceded to the battery cover as he never uses one either but I just dont like sending out anything that is incomplete.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:53 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post

Im am making a trade with my MKIII body with a few extra incentives to get a low click MKIV.
The other part of the trade has conceded to the battery cover as he never uses one either but I just dont like sending out anything that is incomplete.
Sweet, if I was still shooting a lot of sports I would be longing for a mkIV. Will see where things go in the future.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:17 PM   #6

While I love the capability of FF sensors they just cant compete in FPS. A wise lens choice and one can produce nearly the same images on an 1.3 crop.
My big part of the decision was based on 50% increase in MP and better high ISO performance. With all the ranting about the AF on the MKIII I never seemed to have any problems. Mine went in for all the fixes etc just to keep it up to date. I think most of the reported issues were based on the user not understanding how to set up the AF for their intended purpose (big change from the MKIIN). Every OOF shot I ever took using AI servo on the MKIII was a result of my getting trigger happy and depressing the shutter button before I had focus lock. Once a user has the grasp on how to use and set up CFIII menu for different scenarios............
MKIV arrived today and its another learning curve with yet more CF settings!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 4:02 AM   #7

Quote:
I think most of the reported issues were based on the user not understanding how to set up the AF for their intended purpose
i dont think it was a simple user issue. The Mark III definitely had/has some issues with the AF and i still think in cloudy/hazy situation the camera does not perform as well as we expect. SUnny scenario is different. The camera AF does incredible job. But on a cloudy day, a Nikon D300 does a better job.

The 1D mark IV did not get as much a bad review as mark III got for its AF. So you shud be more than excited to enjoy the new camera.

My current camera is 1d Mark III and i dont see myself changing it for few more years. So dont think i am against Mark III. I just know the camera has a feature which is not perfect compared to either Nikon professional cameras or canons own previous generations.
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 5:48 PM   #8

While I understand others have had issues or at least reported issues I never did which is what makes me think the contrary. I shot in haze, pouring rain, under the lights, low contrast subjects and pretty much every scenario you could think of and never had issues. The only time I ever got OOF images is when I got trigger happy and depressed the shutter before the AF was locked on and I let off the shutter right away as I knew what I had done.

Currently even Nikon fanboys are saying the MKIV AF outperforms the D3s where it be one shot or AI servo. The same fanboys are quick to point out though that Nikon has better high ISO performance. I do read reviews but its difficult to get any that are unbiased and Im not going to buy another high $$ camera just to compare them. I dont get issues so I stick with what I have. My single biggest reason for upgrading to the MKIV is increased resolution with better ISO performance than the MKIII taking second in the list. Im happy with getting decent performance at ISO 1600 as I rarely go above that.