Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 9, 2002, 4:51 PM   #1

Default Backordering the EOS D-60...

Greetings,

What's the drill for backordering the D-60...via the web (or) in person?

Do you put down a deposit or do they require full pay up front?

How does one keep track of their order while waiting?

Lastly, can anyone recommend some good-guy vendors...and those to avoid like the plague?

Many thanks.

M i k e
shamrock838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2002, 12:02 AM   #2
Administrator

Place your order with RitzCamera - no charge til it ships, no sales tax and very reputable dealer. And because of their size they have incredible buying power which means they get more, faster than anybody.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2002, 12:26 PM   #3

I ordered from Ritz on 7/8, as of now per their web site the expected ship date is 9/8 (when I purchased it they told me 2-4 weeks). When I call then or inquire over email they tell me they can't even tell me where I am on their list. While I still remain in their list I have started to look elsewhere.

I understand that there is a supply problem but Ritz approach of not telling me anything about my order is not very professional
bryanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2002, 1:49 PM   #4

Default Ritz Never Again!!!

I ordered the Canon D60 from Ritz in mid July. The delivery date keeps moving pratically every other day. The expected ship date is now Sept 19th. And just got a post card from them asking me if I want to cancel my order. The only reason I ordered from Ritz is to support Steve and this site. Sorry Steve but will be canceling my order and getting from BH. Again sorry Steve, love this site but Ritz will never get my buisness!!!
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2002, 8:10 AM   #5

Default Got mine yesterday...

.. but of course not from Ritz. Onecall.com came thru and delivered yesterday.. Total wait time = 5 days. I know that I got incredibly lucky and I really hope that others do to..

I must echo the sentiments of the previous poster about Ritz. Their refusal to be honest to me about the status of my order has no excuse. One thing is to not be able to get the product.. another is to keep striging me along and then refusing to answer my questions. I guess they have plenty of customers and don't need my bussiness.. Their wish is granted.

Good luck to all...
bryanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2002, 1:21 PM   #6

Hey guys, I've had the same frustrations with Ritz and was really upset when they sent me the postcard asking if I wanted to cancel my order. What made it worse was the follow-on postcard that described the waiting list on the 28-135 and asked if I wanted to remove *that* from my order as well!

I was even more upset when I realized that their customer support personnal can't read. I mean, I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt but after asking them NINE TIMES to send me my position on the waiting list and having them reply with, "We're sorry, but they camera you have inquired about is backordered..." I'm convinced that they can't read. The support is absolutely the worst I've ever experienced, in any industry.

The bottom line is this - there are alot of people out there waiting for the D60. Ritz is a good company with a decent reputation and good buying power and they're getting them as fast as anyone else. I'm sticking it out and waiting with Ritz (been waiting 31 days so far) even though I would strangle one of their support people if I met them on the street.

Norm
norm911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2002, 10:56 AM   #7

Just a quick update to this thread. Mine shipped yesterday after 37 days. All in all, even after some of the frustration with their customer support, I'm happy with Ritz.

Norm
norm911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2002, 10:41 AM   #8

I ordered my camera at Ritzcamera.com on 9/20/2002 and still waiting... I would not be suprised if I will break record of 37 days of waiting...
2 times I got (when checking a order at Ritz website) same date of shipping with date of check and next day shiping date was pushed other 14 days later.... maybe I will get a camera on christmas...
nalim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2002, 10:42 AM   #9

today change from 11/2 to 11/9

CANON EOS D60 DIGITAL BODY ONLY
1 unit backordered., Expected to ship on 11/09/2002
Old Oct 25, 2002, 10:06 AM   #10

I ordered yesterday Canon D60 at Onecall.com

they said camere will be shipped by one week....

I wonder from who I will get a d60 first...