Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 3, 2010, 4:08 PM   #1

Default 500D Portable Projector?

I have a Canon Rebel t1i (500D) and it goes where I go. I always take new photos, so it's nice to share them with people. I have a high capacity sd card so I can take and keep a lot of pictures, but the problem is that when I want to show people it becomes difficult with one screen. Everyone has to look at them on the small screen and then pass it along. To make the whole process easier, a good travel projector would be ideal so that I power it up and show people right away.
I don't know if this is even possible let alone feasible, but if anyone has any suggestions or ideas, it would be much appreciated.
ChrisPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:49 AM   #2

Hi what about a netbook that would show them
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:15 PM   #3

I looked into netbooks as well, but there are screen limitation, usually the biggest you can get is about 12".

I did more research on the topic and found out that in order to use a projector with my t1i, the portable projector must have hdmi. Suprisingly enough, they make portable projectors with hmdi. Optoma and Aaxa tech are the two brands that showed up in my search. Optoma had some mixed reviews, but aaxa tech had pretty decent reviews for all their products. I checked out the m2 from aaxa tech and it looks like the best candidate. I even found a review for it

M2 review
Old Dec 7, 2010, 3:19 PM   #4

I for sure couldn't control myself .... ended up ordering the aaxa tech m2 straight from the aaxa tech site! It should be here in a few days! I hope its everything that review said, or im gonna be

Found another cool picture of it!

Last edited by ChrisPoe; Dec 7, 2010 at 7:18 PM. Reason: link