Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:00 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Just a few snaps from tonight. Havenīt had much time shooting today.

These are the first.

My stepson.


My stepson again.


My wife.


Todays dinner.


And of course! Me, myself and I.
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:32 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oakland county Michigan
Posts: 121
Default

congrats... i have the 7d.. and i get 5d mkII in feb.. i can't wait..
lonefeather93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:03 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonefeather93 View Post
congrats... i have the 7d.. and i get 5d mkII in feb.. i can't wait..
Thanks

Yeah I know. Itīs awful waiting for a new camera

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 1:44 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2
Default Congrats on your new tool/toy

I'm new here and just curious as to why you sold your Nikon equipment to purchase Canon? (I just got a T2i a few weeks ago)

Mike
MikeA57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 3:00 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA57 View Post
I'm new here and just curious as to why you sold your Nikon equipment to purchase Canon? (I just got a T2i a few weeks ago)

Mike
Hi! The main reason I changed to Canon is that they have more pro tele lenses at affordable prices.

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:06 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
pj1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 2,914
Default

Enjoy the Canon 50D, DSProtection.

There are a few other friends of mine who have it, and it's a good camera. In some ways I think I'd prefer it to the 60D (e.g. build, AF micro adjust).

I have a 7D, and it's also an awesome camera. One of the reasons I went Canon was back when I bought my first Canon (350D) - it seemed to suit me better than other brand equivalents, and also as you said the lens lineup (particularly tele) was superior.

This week I bought the 70-300mm L IS USM, and can't be happier with that as a general purpose telezoom. Tack sharp wide open on my 7D.

Looking forward to seeing some photos from you.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:21 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
billy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 1,733
Default

One thing I love about the 50D over the 60D is the size. The 50D is a bit taller and fits my large hands better than the 60D.

I do wish I had video though Times like Christmas are when I would like to setup my dSLR on a tripod to video Christmas morning. Luckily, I have several other cameras in for review to handle the task this year (like the D7000)
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:15 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj1974 View Post
Enjoy the Canon 50D, DSProtection.

There are a few other friends of mine who have it, and it's a good camera. In some ways I think I'd prefer it to the 60D (e.g. build, AF micro adjust).

I have a 7D, and it's also an awesome camera. One of the reasons I went Canon was back when I bought my first Canon (350D) - it seemed to suit me better than other brand equivalents, and also as you said the lens lineup (particularly tele) was superior.

This week I bought the 70-300mm L IS USM, and can't be happier with that as a general purpose telezoom. Tack sharp wide open on my 7D.

Looking forward to seeing some photos from you.

Paul
Thanks! I really enjoy it although I havenīt really learned how it behaves yet. But I think I soon will

Merry christmas

Best regards/Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
One thing I love about the 50D over the 60D is the size. The 50D is a bit taller and fits my large hands better than the 60D.

I do wish I had video though Times like Christmas are when I would like to setup my dSLR on a tripod to video Christmas morning. Luckily, I have several other cameras in for review to handle the task this year (like the D7000)
Yeah, I also wanted the bigger and heavier house. I also have the batterygrip on mine.
As for video, i recently sold a Canon HF100 full hd videocamera since I almost never used it. So film wasnīt that important for me.

Merry christmas

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:16 PM.