Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:53 AM   #1

Default Canon T1i video

I own an XS and I wanna replace it with T1i because T2i is a bit expensive. The most reason for reaplacing is that Xs doesn't have video mode. I read some reviews about you can't control the aperture on video mode and i wanna know, you cant control at all or just while recording, but previously you can choose the F. And actually what can I control , the exposure,iso
???

sorry for my bad english
ventolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:58 AM   #2
Super Moderator

With the T1i you have only auto settings in Video so it is up to the camera what is set. With the T2i, 60D, 7D, 5DmkII and 1DmkIV you have manual controls.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:11 AM   #3

Ok. But whats happening if i mount a lens with manual control of aperture. I have some old lenses with canon mounts where there is ring for aperture control, but I am not sure that camera will record if the lens is unmount of the body.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:13 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Are these EOS lenses or not. People were using an adaptor and Nikon glass before Canon gave manual controls...... actually some are still using these lenses.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:14 AM   #5

Also let me is there jello effect. I have seen some test videos on youtube and jello effect is pretty good controled then nikon's d90, d5000 and d3100
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:15 AM   #6

yes its nikon lenses. But is it works, did you unmount the lens from the camera and still recording
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:22 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Yes the jello effect isn't as bad as some, but it is still there.

I didn't quite understand what you meant about unmounting the Nikon lens.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:25 AM   #8

I want to know, maybe the t1i will not record if there is no lens, because if I unmount my kit lens for example and put a lens where the T1i will not recognize it as lens, I am afraid it cant record. I hope you understand me now
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:25 AM   #9

hey you mentioned you can adjust the aperture for video recording on the t2i. does anyone know how to do this?
dcaramia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:47 AM   #10

I figured that out recently. I should have read the manual. Press the iso button on top and then the wheel can be used to adjust the iso.

I found myself using the manual settings because the camera wanted to use iso 3200. I was able to get a similar exposure by forcing iso 1600 and slowing the shutter.
iowa_jim is offline   Reply With Quote