Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:45 PM   #21

Though the 60D is not as advance as the 7D, it is a improvement over the 50D's AF. It has 9 cross type AF points, and it make it better for off center focus. And from early testing. It is not to bad for action. It is to cold to shoot any basketball in NYC right now or any out door action at that. But for plane spotting it works really well.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 8:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Though the 60D is not as advance as the 7D, it is a improvement over the 50D's AF. It has 9 cross type AF points, and it make it better for off center focus. And from early testing. It is not to bad for action. It is to cold to shoot any basketball in NYC right now or any out door action at that. But for plane spotting it works really well.
Well, you know, the 50D also have 9 crosstype focuspoints.

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2011, 8:37 PM   #23

it does, but canon tweak the 60D even more. I went to a canon class lead by rudy winston. And that was one of the things he showed us. The 60D is slight better then the 50D in the AF department. It works a little faster. It was a very interesting class. One of the reason I chose to get a 60D.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 8:44 PM   #24

Quote:
it does, but canon tweak the 60D even more. I went to a canon class lead by rudy winston. And that was one of the things he showed us. The 60D is slight better then the 50D in the AF department. It works a little faster. It was a very interesting class. One of the reason I chose to get a 60D.
Well, thats possible shoturtle. But the trough remains. The 50d is fast enough to shot sports with good results. It has better af system than my former D5000, and I didn't have to much trouble shooting sports with that one.

Best regards/Daniel
Old Jan 9, 2011, 8:50 PM   #25

Rudy pointed out that all the eos can shoot action. Some require just a bit more work. The 50D does do action well, and so does the 60D. Just not at the level of the 7D. The 7D has the best AF currently on the APS-c market. So all the others are running up hill when comparing to the 7D in that department.

Last edited by shoturtle; Jan 9, 2011 at 9:41 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2011, 8:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Rudy pointed out that all the eos can shoot action. Some require just a bit more work. The 50D does do action well, and so does the 60D. Just not at the level of the 7D. The 7D has the best AF currently on the market. So all the others are running up hill when comparing to the 7D in that department.
I guess Rudy is the one who calls himself Justin Thymes? Well according to him it would be almost impossible to have good hit rate with anything less than 7d. Thats not true. I also said that the 7d was better camera.
Well, here's link to polish photographer who takes great sports photos with 30d and 50d.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 9:03 PM   #27

Rudy Winston is the canon sales rep for the US. That man knows his stuff. I try to go to one of his classes when ever new Canon products comes out. They are free at Adorama and BH pretty much. 25 buck to get in but you get a 25 dollar gift voucher.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 9:11 PM   #28

Quote:
Rudy Winston is the canon sales rep for the US. That man knows his stuff. I try to go to one of his classes when ever new Canon products comes out. They are free at Adorama and BH pretty much. 25 buck to get in but you get a 25 dollar gift voucher.
Okay! Well, in that case, Rudy hasn't written in this thread, so I don't get the point talking about him here actually. Of course you can shoot sports with any camera. And of course more expensive PRO camera is better. Thats exactly what I have said all the time. But I would never say that you can't get good hit rate with 50d, because you can.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 9:15 PM   #29

It does sound like Rudy has great classes though. Wish we had something like that in Sweden too.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 9:22 PM   #30

The 50D is a good action camera, better the my T1i, and I was getting 40% keepers with that, and about 65% with the 60D. Here is one of his classes at BH, they podcast their classes. But it is between lecture you get the low down info. You get to ask him question and he gives you the honest answer.

http://www.video.bhphotovideo.com/?f...c66d14f7&rf=bm