Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 14, 2011, 7:27 PM   #1

Default well I got it..

My wife went with me and I picked up my 5D MkII. Took it to school today for the kids Valentines day party.. and i tell you what.. i love this Camera.. now trust me i do love my 7d, but this just feels different. the pictures look different. plus im not going to lie.. i was able to trade in my 1.8 50mm that i have had for over a 1 1/2 yrs.. and they gave me full credit on it towards my 1.4..so i am happy ...
lonefeather93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:20 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Congratulations. Enjoy. :-)
Old Feb 15, 2011, 8:21 AM   #3

Cong-A-rats .

That body has turned out to be my favourite so far.
Terrific images and it is still small and lite enough to hang off the shoulder on my Blackrapid R-7 strap all day without becoming a bother.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:17 AM   #4

Hey lonefeather93 I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the 50mm 1.8 - i've heard and read lots about it being made like a 'toy' with no bells or whistles but for the $100 bucks its well worth it the cost. Obviously you had it for a year and a half so must be something good in it. If you have a sec - could you share your thoughts on image quality? bokeh? sharpness? use in low light? I may pick one up.
rothwellsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:36 AM   #5

Hey lonefeather93 I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the 50mm 1.8 - i've heard and read lots about it being made like a 'toy' with no bells or whistles but for the $100 bucks its well worth it the cost. Obviously you had it for a year and a half so must be something good in it. If you have a sec - could you share your thoughts on image quality? bokeh? sharpness? use in low light? I may pick one up

hello rothwellsmith
for low light the 1.8 was nice to have. yes the body of it, really does feel like a toy lens, cheap made. but ... and i say but.....for a $ 100 lens it works very well. its fast and does great portrait pictures. so yes that is why i had it for so long. and i suggested it to a lot of people. the only way you will really know, is for you to go use one.. i know this is a bad thing sometimes, but they have return policies and if i was you, go buy one, try it for the weekend and see if you would like the results. if not return it..i got really lucky when they let me exchange it for the 1.4. and i did see some of a difference there also. but for only a 100 i would do it all day and all over again.. and really look at all the advice here, you could always sell it and get most of your money back.

i wouldn't sold mine. it was nice just to have it in my bag of lens.. so my answer is yes , its worth the buy..
lonefeather93 is offline   Reply With Quote