Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 1, 2011, 5:41 AM   #1

Default Canon EOS 300d no software CD

Hi,

I have just bought a Canon EOS 300d and it didnt come with the software, ive tried the canon website but there is only updates on there.
I need to be able to shoot tethered and heard the canon software will allow me to do this. does anyone know where i can get a copy of the CD
nchilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:41 AM   #2

Hi and welcome I have gone onto canon uk site and if you go to support and choose DSLR then your camera model it show all the software that can be down loaded. Good Luck
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:14 AM   #3

Thanks, i maybe a bit silly but when ive tried that it says that i need to have the software installed to be updated??
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:43 AM   #4
Administrator

They've got the full app there for download (just have your camera's serial number ready if prompted for it). Go here:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor...ersAndSoftware

Then, select your Operating System (XP, Win 7, etc.) and you'll see a list of available software for the selected operating system. One of the choices is "ZoomBrowser EX 6.6.0b Application".

That's the full application. After you install it, you can update it to even newer version using the .exe file you'll find for the ZoomBrowser EX 6.7.2 Updater.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:38 AM   #5

I didn't have the software either when I bought my 1dmkiii used from KEH. I emailed Canon support and they sent me a brand new cd, free of charge, even free shipping. I was absolutely stunned by the amazingly high level of customer service on a camera that wasn't in warranty. They are absolutely the nicest people I have ever dealt with and sold me even more on Canon products!
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:47 AM   #6

thank you so muich for your help