Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 6, 2004, 9:09 PM   #1

Default New Rebel

I got my Digital Rebel today and as luck would have it had a junior basketball game to cover this evening for the newspapers. I was impressed with how the camera felt in my hands, very comfortable. I felt it was a big improvement from my Fuji S602Z, which is a good camera. My first impression is that the Rebel will suit my purposes extremely well and I was impressed with the finished product which took very little finishing with Photoshop and/or neat image. It is going to be fun having this camera!
k1par is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2004, 9:58 PM   #2

Do you mind advising me on what settings you used? Thanks. I was going to try doing my son's bb game today but am not brave enough yet!
JBsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 7:20 AM   #3

My settings were:

Camera Set at: Tv (Shutter priority)
ISO: 400
shutter speed was 200
with flash
lens: 18-55mm Canon

I shoot on the end line and most shots the lens was about 45mm although some were shot at 55mm. Some of the shots were a little dark and I did process them with Photoshop Elements.

I do plan to get the Canon 50mm F/1.8 EF lens. The extra f/stops would be a great help inside.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:39 AM   #4

At ISO400 you might want to try out the program neatimage to remove the noise from the picture. ISO400 isn't bad, but its a bit noisy if the light it at all low.

Just go to:
www.neatimage.com

and check it out. There is a free version (just as good at removing noise, but lacks other features of the "Pro" version.)

The 50 f1.8 is a nice little lens. I don't use it much, but when I do, it's for that 1.8...

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:49 AM   #5

I have NeatImage and highly recommend it to anyone shooting digital images. It does a good job.

http://www.neatimage.com
Old Jan 7, 2004, 12:03 PM   #6

Thanks for posting the settings. I was in a really dark gym a few weeks ago and had to shoot at iso 800, but neatimage still cleaned them up pretty well. Any shots you want to share?
ACSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 4:28 PM   #7

I'll be posting some soon in the sports and action photo section