Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:24 AM   #1

Default Screen-cap Menu Settings for Workshop

I apologize in advance for not using proper terminology - I enjoy photography, but am not a professional videographer, though I have been enlisted to help one develop a presentation for a workshop that is coming up in a few weeks. He has seen countless sites show screen-caps of the in-screen menu settings when giving tutorials, and he wants to know how exactly that is done. There is a good example from this site of the type of imagery he's hoping to capture for this workshop: http://www.steves-digicams.com/camer...-menus-32.html

Any help you all could give would be much appreciated!
Shidleba54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2011, 12:44 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums!

I should think that the easiest way to do it would be to take a picture (with another camera) of each screen, upload and crop.
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 2:26 PM   #3

Thanks - that's what I was thinking, but I got the impression that, especially when shooting video, that there are menu settings you see through the viewfinder that may not show up on your external screen. They are using Canon 5D Mark II and Canon 7D cameras.
Shidleba54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 2:30 PM   #4

Oooooh... I don't know about that... But, I would think that if it was a menu setting, it wouldn't be something that you'd see through the viewfinder... Because, it would be awfully difficult to change a setting, while holding the camera up to your eye... But, I could be totally wrong and they might have something like that... I am completely unfamiliar with the 5D and 7D. I have a T3.
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:59 PM   #5

I believe the Graphics that you are seeing in the linked presentation were generated by Canon and are not actually screen captures but a Powerpoint type slide show. Taking photos of the menus would be tricky interms of lighting and would require some good macro equipment. you could always inquire of the local Canon rep to see if they release these menu graphics.
waoldrifleman is offline   Reply With Quote