Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:05 PM   #11

It's going for under $2K in Canada too.

http://www.vistek.ca/store/DigitalSL...k-ii-body.aspx

Happy Xmas shopping everyone.
dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 7:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by waoldrifleman View Post
Interesting. When I do a search on a 5D Mark II, this pricing doesn't come up, but when I hit your link, it's certainly there. I also found a refurbished, 1 year warranty 5D MII on Adorama for $1799:

http://www.adorama.com/ICA5DM2R.html
Old Dec 15, 2011, 8:53 AM   #13

Waoldrifleman, THANK you for posting the link to the lower price. I discovered that the link comes from the email promotion that B&H sends out, so that price won't come up on a regular search. I had ordered off of the $2209 price, so B&H refunded the difference and sent the free gear as well. I don't really care about the bag, but I can always use a 16GB Extreme Pro.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnan View Post
Waoldrifleman, THANK you for posting the link to the lower price. I discovered that the link comes from the email promotion that B&H sends out, so that price won't come up on a regular search. I had ordered off of the $2209 price, so B&H refunded the difference and sent the free gear as well. I don't really care about the bag, but I can always use a 16GB Extreme Pro.
Glad you were able to take advantage of it! Always try to
help our little community. Steven
waoldrifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:24 PM   #15

That is an excellent deal at BH, it comes with a good Sandisk CF card, a Lowepro bag and video software. I don't think you can a full frame DSLR any lower than this price. I ended up buying a packaged deal from Adorama for $2799 for the 5D with the 24-105 mm F.4 L lens.

Last edited by WCKSer; Dec 21, 2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: spelling
WCKSer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCKSer View Post
That is an excellent deal at BH, it comes with a good Sandisk CF card, a Lowepro bag and video software. I don't think you can a full frame DSLR any lower than this price. I ended up buying a packaged deal from Adorama for $2799 for the 5D with the 24-105 mm F.4 L lens.
Yes, it's too good to pass up if you've been in the market for a 5D2. We didn't have any lens needs so the B&H deal was the best we could find. Combine that with the Pixma Pro 9000 mark II for free, Scandisk extreme pro 16GB CF card, software & WOW, we couldn't be happier.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:59 AM   #17

Thanks for the advice folks. I ended up getting a pretty good 2nd hand deal on a 5D Mk2 with a Canon 24-70 F2.8 L lens, and a 10GB CF Card all for 2200 euros ( about 2800 dollars) thats only 10 months old ( recipt included), so i snapped it up!
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:00 AM   #18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmintan View Post
Thanks for the advice folks. I ended up getting a pretty good 2nd hand deal on a 5D Mk2 with a Canon 24-70 F2.8 L lens, and a 10GB CF Card all for 2200 euros ( about 2800 dollars) thats only 10 months old ( recipt included), so i snapped it up!
That's good, how are you liking the mkII?

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:41 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmintan View Post
Good deal, especially considering the 24-70 (assuming it was in good condition). I think that is such a nice lens/body combination.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
That's good, how are you liking the mkII?
Im intimidated! I had a 400D before this, and i took what i consider a small number of photos.

I got the 5D to increase the situations i could comfortably use the camera ( greater DOF with a large sensor, better ISO performance), but as it is the most money i have spent on a camera, i feel i should make use of it each evening.

Unfortunately my genre is generally landscapes, which are hard come by in an apartment after dark when i get home from work, so im not currently using it enough.

Im trying to open my mind a bit and come up with fun intetesting ideas but not having much look so far. still, its another step into the larger world of photography!
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote