Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:29 PM   #1

Default T3i importing pictures/Zoombrowser question

I received my new T3i with a 18-135 kit lens and a 32 gb Sandisk Extreme Class 10 SDHC. I have taken about 60 pictures so far. After I imported the pictures it seems that some of the files were/are corrupted. All of them looked fine on the camera, but when transferring over, a couple (maybe 5) were unable to preview in Zoombrowser (it was like it was blurry and trying to process but couldn't) and when trying to open in Picture Style Editor it was "unable to process".....

Here's the kicker...
I went to my memory card and individually pulled 2 of the bad files off, and they worked fine.

Halfway through shooting the 60 pictures, I switched to RAW + Large JPEG and one or two of the JPEGs were opening, but all of the color was pushed to the upper inch of the screen (at least that's what it seemed like).

I deleted the bad files and "erased all files" using the T3i.

I went out and shot about 20-30 pictures (using RAW + L) and they all seem to have imported fine and viewable in Zoombrowser.

Sorry for the long winded thread, but I'm curious if my camera may have a problem writing to the memory card? Again, they were very viewable on the camera.

Thanks for the input.
deeselcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:46 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums!

I wonder if it might be a card/camera incompatibility..? I don't recall which type, off hand, but I know that my T3 will only work with certain types of cards. Did you check the manual to make sure you have the right kind of card? I hope that's the issue... Easy fix!
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:53 PM   #3

Yes, the T3i is compatible with SDHC memory cards.

I just about 25 pictures in my room, all of them showing over 20 MB on card. When transferring, I had 1 file that transferred over as 128 kb. That's the same thing that happened to me yesterday when I was shooting pictures of my dogs. 5 out of about 20 pictures did that. Showed up fine on the card, but when transferring, transferred over at 128-343 kb.

I hope my camera isn't defective.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:33 PM   #4

I realized that I never "formatted" my card before using it. I formatted it and took a quick 50 something pictures and the first 16 were fine, but the rest transferred over at the small 128kb average (not RAW 20 somethin' MB).

I think something is wrong..
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:59 PM   #5

Stupid me, I think I figured it out.....

I had it hooked up to a USB 3.0 on the front of my PC. Switched over to 2.0 and it seems to be working fine. I guess there is an incompatibility issue with 3.0....?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:25 PM   #6

Glad you figured it out and good to know about the port!
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote