Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 24, 2004, 3:03 AM   #1

Default 300D at Walmart?

I'm not talking about their online site.. Someone said it's in the store? can that be true?
300D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2004, 3:29 AM   #2

300D, WELL...you have brought about a good point. Yes Walmart offers the Digital Rebel for $998.00 US on their website (currently out of stock). But I haven't checked with any stores. My guess is that as with any technology, we have the trickle down effect. I guess soon the 1Ds and the Nikon 1DX will soon be available also. No, not really! I would say if Canon is opening there marketing to "Mass Marketing" of a product, they are trying to move it to open the doors for a new product. The rumor mills abound with the next big "Have to Have". We'll see, but for now I'll stick with my 10D...............But who knows? Maybe I'll get a great price rollback on a second body by this summer! Good Luck! Bob
Fotobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 12:45 AM   #3

Default in a word, yes...

Yes, walmart has the camera. It pissed me off in fact . I knew some (no offense) soccer mom out there who didnt know the first thing about photography was going to come in and buy it cause the guy at walmart sait it was the best camera. Meanwhile, my G3 which would have worked MORE that perfectly for this soccer mother, was owned by me who would have KILLED for the DR.

oh well, i have the DR now
shoelessone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 3:22 AM   #4

Default Re: in a word, yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessone
Meanwhile, my G3 which would have worked MORE that perfectly for this soccer mother, was owned by me who would have KILLED for the DR.
Yeah, that really bothers me. People who know little about photography and are just now getting into digital are getting Rebels, and meanwhile I'm fairly experienced but I'm stuck with a camera that was once the top-of-the-line prosumer and now is a piece of junk by comparison.
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 4:56 AM   #5

C'mon guys at least you guys can get em easy in America. In Oz there are still waiting lists. I love my rebel and had a Kodak 3215 prior to this and a Nikon 35mm. Does that mean I shouldn't buy one? Maybe your soccer mom might learn a little more about photography. Wish all well with a DR.

AR
:lol: :mrgreen:
Ausie Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 7:55 AM   #6
NHL

BTW Best Buys now carry the 10D as well in their local stores...
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 12:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL
No they don't... Yeah they have them on display... I work at Best Buy and I looked the 300D on the computer and it shows up as "DELETED" I also checked all the other stores in my state (Connecticut) And None of them had the camera as well, Just the display model they have..

However.. Circuit City Get's the camera in about every other week.. they just got 7 in this week.
300D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 4:47 PM   #8
sws

I can only imagine the amount of returns that Wal-mart is going to have to deal with! There's almost no margine on this camera, so like other 'hi-tech' products W-mart tries to sell (HDTV, Satellite etc.) they are bound to lose money when customers return them. They simply don't have a good track record with hi-end product. In short, everyone who's upset about this should take comfort in the fact that the personnel are so badly trained and informed, (this camera will be way above their heads) that Wal-mart could see a 30% or higher return rate!
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:02 PM   #9

Default Best buy Purchase

I bought my DR300 at Best Buy in October along with the extended warrenty......
fporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2004, 8:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300D
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL
No they don't... Yeah they have them on display... I work at Best Buy and I looked the 300D on the computer and it shows up as "DELETED" I also checked all the other stores in my state (Connecticut) And None of them had the camera as well, Just the display model they have..

However.. Circuit City Get's the camera in about every other week.. they just got 7 in this week.
You don't know what the heck or "jack" what you're talking about, they may not have in stock at the time but they do carry them, and yes, you can get the 300D or 10D from BB with the 4 years warranty ($99 for the warranty). I was at BB storre last week and I saw thay sold 2 10D within the hour.

Check with your manager dude...even your store don't carry them, they still can order them, it will take a coupe days. Take my words for it...

Cheers
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote