Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:08 PM   #1

Default New Canon 1D MK II

New Canon, 1D MK II

http://www.timgrayphotography.com/canon1dII.pdf
Tim Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2004, 4:36 PM   #2

Wow... much more afordable than the 1Ds with the new 8.5 megapix CMOS, new 11 points AF and with the speed that match the Nikon D2H, and now Canon finally accepts the SD card

Watch out Nikon, here comes Canon again, making their case...
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 5:17 PM   #3

Default A little help please?

OK, so that's all greek to me But I'm very interested in learning more.

Can someone translate some of the basics as well as estimated cost? Thanks in advance!

Tom
tnj4uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 5:53 PM   #4

Default Re: A little help please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnj4uga
OK, so that's all greek to me But I'm very interested in learning more.

Can someone translate some of the basics as well as estimated cost? Thanks in advance!

Tom
Well...you can run the text through the French dictionary filter via your PC, you've get the answer :lol:

Cheers
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 6:37 PM   #5

Default That's educational!

At first glance. I thought your were just being a smarta$$. Howver, I took you at your word and now I know how to have documents translated! Thank you!

please accept my apologies for my negative thoughts ;^)
tnj4uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 9:44 PM   #6

It's been a while since I've studied French, but I can understand most of this. It's mostly numbers, anyway...

Looks like it's the same size sensor as the 1D, so it will have the 1.3x crop. It can't take EF-S. I wonder if there will be a successor to the 10D that can use the EF-S lenses. On one hand, it would be strange to develop that lens just for the 300D, but then again, maybe they think the EF-S lenses are only good enough for people buying the 300D.
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:42 PM   #7

well, i ran it through a quick translator, and my high school french from a couple years ago, and it seems like a slight upgrade to the 1d. looks cool!
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2004, 9:35 AM   #8

Did anyone see what AF system it has? They talk about it having more AF points, but I want to know how many of the high precision AF point it has (vs. normal precision)? I read a translation of this spec on a different site last night and it didn't seem to say. But I wondered if I missed it somewhere.

It's the AF system and the frames-per-second that would bet me to buy it. I'm happy with the 10D in every other way.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2004, 7:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric s
Did anyone see what AF system it has? They talk about it having more AF points, but I want to know how many of the high precision AF point it has (vs. normal precision)? I read a translation of this spec on a different site last night and it didn't seem to say. But I wondered if I missed it somewhere.

It's the AF system and the frames-per-second that would bet me to buy it. I'm happy with the 10D in every other way.

Eric
I believe it says it has 21, though my French isn't up to much
MrPogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2004, 12:37 AM   #10

I thought I read 11 in another forum... but either way, that is only the number of AF points, not the quality of them. The 10D might have 5 AF points, but only the center is the only high precision AF points is has. The original 1D (and 1Ds) also have better AF points (they focus more consistantly in the DOF than the 10D.)

If I'm going to buy it, it had better have more high-precision points. It would be great if they worked as high precision at more than f2.8 (Nikon's work at f5.6... or is it f4? Either way, it's at a more realistic aperture than f2.8!!! How many lenses can do that???)

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote