Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 8, 2004, 10:23 AM   #11

As I have mentioned in several posts, I use the Tamron 28-300 with my DRebel, about $400 at B&H. I have been very pleased. Here's my web site link if you want to take a look. The two most recent albums (More Mountain Beauty & Virginia Beauty) were shot with the DRebel/Tamron 28-300.

http://community.webshots.com/user/johnwmitchell100
fporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2004, 6:44 AM   #12

Default Mountain pics

Nice pics

Kavoom<goes and looks again at his own RMNP pics with a sigh, wishing he was there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fporch
As I have mentioned in several posts, I use the Tamron 28-300 with my DRebel, about $400 at B&H. I have been very pleased. Here's my web site link if you want to take a look. The two most recent albums (More Mountain Beauty & Virginia Beauty) were shot with the DRebel/Tamron 28-300.

http://community.webshots.com/user/johnwmitchell100
Kavoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2004, 8:39 AM   #13

Genohc, I've been looking at the Tamron 28-300XR for my D100. I think it would be a great all around lens. However on DPReview (I think it's in the Canon Forum, not sure) it doesn't seem to be all that great. But here in the Nikon lens forum it gets good reviews. Go figure!
I'm no pro by any means and I've been using Quantaray lenses on my SLR's and my D100 and they serve the purpose just fine.

Chris
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2004, 10:45 AM   #14

Default rebel sharpness

Thanks for the advise. I bought the 70-300 f4-5.6 Quantaray zoom
and have taken some pics. They have not turned out o bad but it seems every pic that i take with the rebel needs to be sharpened in photoshop. This was not the case when i used my oly ultra zoom 2100. When i figure out how to post photos here I'll show what I mean. I like the the rebel and am getting use to its operation but still am not totally happy with the quality of the photos. I have shot both manually and auto focus and with and without the tripod. I wish I knew if it were the lenses or the camera.
Geno
genohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2004, 11:01 AM   #15

If you're taking pictures in jpg format and want to minimize post processing, adjust the parameters in your camera to suit your taste. Sharpness and color saturation can be boosted to higher values. Most compact digital cameras already do that which is why your pictures with your OLY were sharper. Read your manual on how to set custom parameters.

If you're taking pictures in the RAW mode, post processing is required as that format ignores parameters for sharpness and saturation.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote