Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:45 PM   #11

Cheers JohnG,,

I am not camera biased (Nikon vs Canon) and I hope the 6D does live up to its Canon reputation. When I bought the D600 I sort of had thoughts of waiting for the 6D to appear, thinking it might have been soon and I was quite stumped when I heard the 6D was going to make its debut in December. You know what it's like when you have money in your pocket. It "burns", doesn't it...!!!

Anyway, I await the arrival of the 6D and can't wait to see what it truly is capable of,, not as compared to say the Nikon D600 or the Sony @99, but just as a camera unto itself...

Have a good day...!!!

Last edited by fewpics; Nov 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM.
fewpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:52 PM   #12

It's real - not imagined. Much better high ISO when compared to my 7D, but not sure when compared to a 5DII or III. The body is significantly smaller and lighter too. After using the 7D, picking it up the 6D made me feel like I was picking up my old T3i.

No real shots to post up yet but I'm hoping to get out and do something this weekend.
Quadna71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:10 PM   #13

Just playing around in the house last night - paired with my 50/1.4 prime.

Erica's Cinnamon Rolls by Quadna71, on Flickr

Xmas by Quadna71, on Flickr
Quadna71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:46 PM   #14

I wonder if it has been a bit of a case of back to the drawing board for Canon...after they saw the strong response to the new better spec'd Nikon 600D ? What I'm saying is that Canon may well be upgrading the specs of the 6D...to make it more competitive with the the new D600, when it does start shipping the D6....I believe sometime in Feb. 2013 ?

Yes, Photokina is an important time for manufacturers to introduce new equipment and it may well be that Canon introduced the 6D there, before it was ready...just to let Canon enthusiasts know that Canon too, would have a competitive model that at the 600D's level.

On the other hand lately, I think Nikon has really pulled out all stops with their new full frame line....the D800, D800E and D 600.

Before that I had felt that Canon had the upper hand with the Canon 5D2 for a number of years and that the new 5D3....although a wonderful camera by all accounts (winning Pop Photo's camera of the year)...was a little under what Canon enthusiasts had expected ?

Dunno...all this is just speculation.

In the end I don't think anyone could go wrong selecting any of the full framers, either from Nikon or Canon.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote