Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 7, 2013, 2:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicajun View Post
How about a release date for a 70D? Wife has been looking at the Canon 60D but is wondering if she should wait for the 70D. She uses a T1i right now and just likes some of the extras (top LCD, tilt scree, duel control wheels and smaller than my 7D) on the 60D. Not that she really needs a new camera but then again need has nothing to do with wanting something. Me, I have a 7D and it's more than I can handle so I can wait a couple of years.
Had been waiting on the rumors myself for the 70D, as I really needed a DSLR (first one) from a long time. But the rumors are rumors and no specific or confirmed news came out, so then finally took the plunge on the 60D. And I'll say, that I'm quite happy that I bought it. I really like the camera, its well set for my palm with a sturdy built body.
Old May 7, 2013, 8:28 AM   #12

Looking like the wife going to go for the 60D. She has three more days to make up her mind then the sale ends and the price goes back up.
Old May 7, 2013, 9:33 AM   #13

Sounds like your wife needs to help everyone out. Her buying the 60d should pretty well guarantee a 70d announcement
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 10:06 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Sounds like your wife needs to help everyone out. Her buying the 60d should pretty well guarantee a 70d announcement
Ha Ha Ha.
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 10:15 AM   #15

Just thought I'd see what everyone was hearing.

My use of my dSLR changed a bit over the winter. And my wife started shooting more. So I'm starting to think . . . what camera might I get next.

It's a great time for us consumers though, having access to all these great cameras.

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 3:53 PM   #16
NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
The Sigma 500mm f/4.5 is a half stop slower but a much less expensive option than either Canon or Nikon
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._f_4_5_EX.html
Very true...
and a lot lighter too for that 1/2 stop!

I can't wait for an update to this lens, IMO people put themselve at a handicap by not shopping Sigma.
According to DxO actual lens tests, several new Sigma primes scored even higher than Carl Zeiss!
-> Plus with their new USB adapter one can customized the lens to perform all kind of great stuffs: http://www.sigma-global.com/download/en/index.html
Old May 8, 2013, 8:57 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
With our luck that is almost a sure thing. She mad right now because B&H raised the price $50.00 yesterday. They state price was good until 5-11-2013 but don't hold to their stated price and date.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:20 AM   #18

Agree!

Bit annoying really, to have to have at least 3 Canon L lenses registered with Canon to qualify for CPS Canada membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL View Post
IMO people put themselve at a handicap by not shopping Sigma.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:23 AM   #19

Did you try calling B&H and asking about it?
I've never had any issues with their sales or service people when I had need to contact them!
They are getting ready to close for a holiday, possible the web site just got updated early.

They really are great to deal with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicajun View Post
With our luck that is almost a sure thing. She mad right now because B&H raised the price $50.00 yesterday. They state price was good until 5-11-2013 but don't hold to their stated price and date.
Old May 9, 2013, 8:17 AM   #20

Plan on giving B&H a call today and maybe I'll just the my wife be surprised when it shows up at the house.