Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 12, 2002, 12:35 PM   #1

Default D60, ibm microdrive, and ZIO! reader

I was delighted to finally receive the D60 (waited about 3 months)...and also bought the Road Warrior Kit with ibm 1GB micro drive...
Is anyone else out there having a problem with using the ZIO! card reader with windows XP home version? I have been attempting to connect the reader to the USB port on ibm computer after downloading the updated driver for XP from Microtech. New hardware wizard states that it can't install hardware, one of the filter drivers is invalid. Microtech support was not able to help. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Kotchphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2002, 5:23 AM   #2

Default D60 Questions

I notice that you have not had a reply. There is a very active D60/D30/1D forum as well as other very helpful information at the following website:

http://www.dpreview.com/
WalterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2002, 12:24 PM   #3

I have also experienced this problem with a different reader on XP Home edition. Funny...it works fine on my laptop with XP Perfessional. I'm currently looking for the solution, so if I find it first I will post it here for you. Please let me know if you find a fix. I believe the problem is related to the USB bus in not the reader.
Jeffdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2002, 2:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by WalterK
I notice that you have not had a reply. There is a very active D60/D30/1D forum as well as other very helpful information at the following website:

http://www.dpreview.com/
Thanks WalterK for the info on the website, i will check it out.
Old Jul 3, 2002, 2:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffdh
I have also experienced this problem with a different reader on XP Home edition. Funny...it works fine on my laptop with XP Perfessional. I'm currently looking for the solution, so if I find it first I will post it here for you. Please let me know if you find a fix. I believe the problem is related to the USB bus in not the reader.
Jeffdh,
I sent the old card reader back to Microtech and am supposed to be receiving the newer model. Will let you know if this solves my problem, if not will look into the Bus. Thanks for your reply. Please let me know how your situation works out... Kotchphoto
Old Jul 13, 2002, 10:04 PM   #6

Don't want to bust on the product, but I have had mixed luck with the Zio ! for compact flash with the Macintosh. They either seem to work perfectly or screw up everything. The most reliable way is to use a PCMCA adapter on a laptop (Mac or PC). USB readers all seem to be behind in their drivers with XP and Mac OS X. I got a Dazzle USB model that I use on my desktop G4 and it has worked perfectly. But expect the next system software update to mess it up.
gudac is offline   Reply With Quote