Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 28, 2013, 6:44 PM   #1

Default Digital Photo Pro Software Question

I have a Canon 5D Mark iii (Mark 3).

I am not sure which version of the Canon software, Digital Photo Pro is the correct version to use.

I am using a brand new computer and I'd rather not load a program that will not interface with my Mark iii.

The disk I have has version 3.11

Is this the right software?

Faithfully Yours,
FP
FaithfulPastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2013, 9:43 PM   #2

Whether version 3.11 is the right version for your camera is immaterial. You can't install an upgrade you would download from Canon's website until you install the version that comes on the disk that came with your camera.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2013, 7:42 AM   #3

TCav,

I sold my Mark II and bought a Mark III. I think, but I am not sure, that the 3.1 software I have is for the Mark III. But what I do know, is that Mark ii software doesn't work for Canon RAW for the Mark III. Canon made some changes to RAW so I must start with Mark III software.

I may be wrong, but if I don't think Mark II software will update to Mark III software.

Am I just all screwed up here?

Thanks again!
Michael
FaithfulPastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:08 AM   #4

The EOS 5D Mark III Drivers & Software webpage describes the Digital Photo Professional 3.13.45 Updater for Windows as follows:
Quote:
This software is recommended for users who mainly shoot RAW images. You can quickly view, edit, process and print RAW images. You can also edit JPEG images while retaining the original images.
It has a "Post Date" of 11/06/2013, so it's probably later than the version you might have gotten with your camera.

The file description continues:
Quote:
How to Download and Install

1. Make sure that at least one of the following applications is installed.
- Digital Photo Professional
- EOS Viewer Utility
- File Viewer Utility
- RAW Image Task

2. Download "dppw31345.exe" from the download page. Save the "dppw31345.exe" file to a folder of your choice on your computer.

3. Double-click "dppw31345.exe". The Digital Photo Professional installation will start. (If the User Account Control window appears, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.)

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

5. After the installation is complete, the Digital Photo Professional installer may ask to restart the computer. In this case, restart the computer. If the installation is completed properly, the downloaded "dppw31345.exe" file will no longer be necessary.
Note that, in step 1, it doesn't say what version of those applications must be installed. Canon just wants to make sure that the application is being used by someone that actually bought one of their cameras and got one of their CDs to install the original software from. Otherwise, the update won't work.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:37 AM   #5

just go to the canon web site and down load the latest version of dpp it will work
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote