Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 22, 2004, 6:37 PM   #1

Default Lumedyne Question

I have been trying to find a good flash setup to shoot indoor horse shows and would like to know if anyone out there has had experience using Lumedyne equipment with their digital camera. Lumedyne has a new system (Model P2XX) that has short duration and fast recycle that seems to be just what I need:
http://www.lumedyne.com/SSWebsite/New2004.htm
Back in the old film days I used a Canon 480EG (still have it if anyone is interested) that had a lot of power but it will not fire when connected to my EOS 10D.
Stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2004, 11:00 PM   #2

Well, no luck with the Lumedyne question. I talked to Pro Photo Supply in Houston and they found out for me that the new Lumedyne action packs will not work in TTL mode with the 10D. Does anyone know how to get my old 480EG to fire from my EOS 10D?
Stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 8:49 AM   #3

I recently went thru all of this after buying the 300D. Wanted to use either my older Sunpaks - 544 & 522, but to no avail. The DSLR's need E-TTL & will NOT work with TTL according to Canon Technical. You can buy several on-shoe models. I bought the Canon 420ex & it is VERY hard to get on my hotshoe on both my 300D & my EOS-3. I tried it on a friend's D60 & it slipped on fine, whereas his 550ex went right on my 300D! Go figure that one! But to me it isn't worth the $329.00 for the 550 when you can buy a New Sunpak with Manual overrdide for $149.00 (the 420 does NOT have a Manual overide).
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote