Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 1, 2004, 6:23 PM   #11

It's nice to have dividers in your bag to keep your various items from banging around. Unless you have each lens in a soft pouch or case, what will protect them? I have a Tamrac bag that needs replacement (it's been around for 15 years) and a cheap Canon back pack that I picked up for about $45. I haven't decided what I want, so these two suffice for the time being
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2004, 9:26 PM   #12

LowePro Nova 4 AW (all weather). Has a fold out cover for the bag for rainy weather. I carry my Digital Rebel with 17-40L, 70-200 f4L, 550EX flash, extra battery, flash cards. Nice, small size for the amount of equipment it holds. I re-did the interior openings to fit my needs.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2004, 11:29 PM   #13

ohenry, the answer to the dividers is very simple. The diapers!!! (unused, of course.) They are similar in shape and padding to the insets in my LowePro Photo Trekker Classic.

But seriously, dividers are handy. I have read about how some people travel by packing their lenses in wool hats. You could device something similar withÖ towels? I donít know. I bet you could get along for awhile with the backpack while you save some money.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2004, 11:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric s
ohenry, the answer to the dividers is very simple. The dipers!!! (unused, of course.)
all together now.... EWWWWWWWWWW

:lol: :lol:
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:32 AM   #15

If you guys saw the bag I carry my stuff in you'd hang me by the nearest tree. Perhaps that's why I've been thinking about this very thing lately. I've almost received all of my lenses and other stuff and I need to have something else to look forward to. You guys know what I'm talking about. I know all about your little visits to the post office.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 3:17 AM   #16

My bag:

I know, it isn't a rebel

(dutch text bottom right: Usually this lens is not in the bag, at this place fits the 24-70)
Marc H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 9:53 AM   #17

I use the LowePro Elite AW ($106.00 @ B&H)for my 300D - inside I keep the body & normally the 28-135 & the hood (BIG) stays on top. I also have in one compartment the 420EX & charger, plus outer pockets are used to store my Pec Pads, & a soft cloth diaper. I keep my Owners Manual (just in case), spare battery & my 3 CF cards in the inside upper zipper compartment.
I also have a LowePro Magnum AW MF which was bought originally for my Mamiya 645 system, & it now houses all of my film cameras & other accessories.
I HIGHLY recommend anything LowePro makes.
(If I ever do get more equipment I have an old Haliburton 106 that I retired).
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 2:18 PM   #18

Default I use

A LowePro Orion hip-pack. Nice size for my D30 with a 28-105mm attached, 2 lenses (or the 50mm & a flash unit), my extra CF cards & reader, Tri & Mono Pod QR's, Infrared trigger, filters, etc. Plus it is confortable and can't be opened without you knowing about it.

Old Mar 2, 2004, 2:30 PM   #19
NHL

Canon also sell a hip-pack (also with shoulder strap) that can fit a body and two lens: http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/deta...=970342#scroll

NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 2:53 PM   #20

I like the mini trekker and how it is compartmentalized. It would make getting to things very easy!

Amy
amytude is offline   Reply With Quote