Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 2, 2004, 3:23 PM   #21

Default Yes it would...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytude
I like the mini trekker and how it is compartmentalized. It would make getting to things very easy!

Amy
But you have to take it off of your back & set it down first. I like my waist pack because I can just slide it around to the front, open it & do my thing...kinda like having it's own table.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 7:18 PM   #22

Kalypso is very right. I have a backpack (a larger one similar to the mini trekker) and if the camera is in there, I can't get to it easily.

When I asked about bags on a more professional web site (no offence, more pros seem to have come over here since then.) Then general consensus was that the bag is a place to store the camera. If you want easy access to it, then have it around your neck or in a separate bag.

I've taken this strategy to heart and keep the camera in the TopLoader Pro AW and the gear (lenses, spotting scope, flash, extra doodads, lunch, whatever) in the big bag. LowePro is so good at making this comfortable to wear, I literally forget I'm wearing about 20-30 lbs on my back after a little while. To me, that alone makes it worth buying their bags.

But seriously, use the diaper bag for awhile, save up some money and get a bag that fits the equipment that you'll soon get. And go to the store and try it out. What fits me, might not fit you. Kalypso suggested the Orion. I gave my dad a gift certificate awhile back, and that is what he got. Helps his back loads because he wears it around is waist & uses the shoulder strap to help hold some weight. Its a good bag and it has easy access. If you don't carry a lot of stuff, that is a great thing. I carry so much easy access has to be achieved in a different way.

Good luck, its easy to get a bad bag... so do some research, this about future equipment and then dive in. LowePro makes good stuff, so don't worry about the quality of the bag... just make sure it fits you.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 7:37 PM   #23

I'm seriously considering a photographer's vest for field work and just take the items I think I'll be using, leaving the rest in the bag at home or in the car.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 8:19 PM   #24

That was another suggestion that was given to me at that other forum. The downside for me is that I didn't think it could easily hold the larger lenses I have (not long, but physically big because of the lens cap.) But the reality is that I didn't seriously consider it, so I don't know if that is true. Probably should have.

And I really couldn't see myself wear it. I'm not much of a fasion maven or anything, but the vests I've seen... no way.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote