Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 24, 2002, 5:21 AM   #1

Default D60 CF Card Error

Can anyone shed any light on why I keep getting an Err 02 card fault. Is it something I am doing wrong or is it a quality issue with the CF ???

[Edited on 8-24-2002 by Dave Mackey]
Dave Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2002, 10:42 PM   #2

Have been getting quite a flurry of err2 messages on my trip to Seattle. Off/On would rarely work. For whatever reason, giving the camera a rest and turning it back on would sometimes work. ...and worst of all, I don't know if it was all the card swapping but my microdrive became corrupt--and it was full! Luckily bought software to recover 95%. Err2 happens more with my Mr Flash 512mb but does happen with the microdrive 512mb too.
carlwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2002, 6:59 AM   #3

Default Same problem here

I've had my d60 since july with no problems until about a week ago. I started getting the err 02 message and corrupted cards. It does it on all my cards, 256 and 512. I have lost numerous pics lately and am about to send the camera back. Anyone know what is causing this?
DChilders5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2004, 5:50 AM   #4

ditto
Tele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2004, 6:07 PM   #5

Hello all

I had two generic 256mb cards (sorry can't rember the brand name) with my old pentax 2 million pixel camera that worked quite well, with a upgrade to my Canon D60 they would not perform and all I got was the same trouble - err2 messages

I took them back to the retail sore and upgraded to Sandisk Ultra Brand, problem solvedstill shooting great10 thousand shots and still going.

I think it had to do with the write speed.

Ed

www.edhardy.ca

Frostbyte is offline   Reply With Quote