Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 22, 2004, 9:14 PM   #11

Well, if I had a choice back when I got my 10D over the DR, I probably would have scooped up the DR without a lens and picked up a low end L lens for it. But I dont regret in any manor on getting the 10D. Just I pushed my budget alittle more then I really wanted to, but didnt want to settle for a Olympus E-xx series, with a fixed lens SLR. To me, if you can do either the DR or the 10D. I'd go for it. Canon seems to be making some great stuff here. Really suprized that Nikon isnt living up to par in some areas... :?
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 9:54 PM   #12

As a site note, I'm starting to wonder if Nikon hasn't moved is production to even cheaper places than their own country had are feeling the backlash of that in lower quality. I've heard some really, really bad things about the quality of their newer shorter zoom VR lens they introduced awhile back.

Serious quality issues (front lens elements popping out and the like. Really bad stuff.)

Sad, as Canon really, really needs the competition!

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2004, 6:44 AM   #13

I hear ya eric,

Canon is pulling away rather quickly. As digital camera technology improves, it seems nikon is slippin' in some areas (Including quality). I have never seen Nikon do anything like this before. Or atleast I dont remember. And yes Canon needs someone to be tailing them or competing heavily so they dont take the market by storm and get too greaty...

Im sure Nikon will do something, just didnt think they would
be releasing something that obviously isnt really ready just to compete with Canon's DR. Thats too bad and unlike of Nikon in my book.
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote