Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 12, 2004, 2:57 AM   #11

wOOt! has become popular even with people who's never found wonderous/wonderful loot in their lives...

I personally am a fan of this...
PlatinumWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 9:47 AM   #12

w00t is a internet gaming word lol
like 1337....lol
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 2:43 PM   #13

Haha... I don't really do much gaming, but I've started using certain leetspeak phrases like "w00t" and "pwn3d", because I think they're funny.
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 3:24 PM   #14

I. E. - The Black 300D/Kiss/Digital Rebel.
I e-mailed a tech rep I know & he said it will NOT be available in North America - aka USA. My question would be why bring it out at all if it will not be available in the USA??? And why would they not make the 18-55 a USM lens available here???
More of Canon's strange things they do/make.
I say Re-design the 28-135mm USM IS to a 24-135mm USM IS & make a 20-105mm 2.8L or a 22-105mm 2.8 L lens - for Digital use (and film).
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 4:26 PM   #15

lol i think they are pretty humorous too....lol
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 10:04 PM   #16

On one hand, I'm not surprised that the black version will only be released in Japan. I think it's pretty common for Japanese companies to release better versions of their products in Japan than in the rest of the world.

On the other hand, though, it's surprising that, since they are releasing a version of the product that addresses one of the most common complaints, they're not introducing it in the market that's been complaining about it!
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 2:05 AM   #17

Default Black 300D Availability?

Canon USA may not make it Available , but what about Other Sources-On Line Ordering? Anyone Know :?:
theophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 6:42 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry
I have just never understood the whole "my camera is black and yours is silver therefore my camera is pro and yours is amateur" logic. My camera is silver and I take some pretty nice pictures with it. I have no plans to trade my silver Rebel in on a black model
It's the silver color that keeps me from buying a Rebel as a backup camera for weddings. While the resolution and quality are up to par, silver does not look professional.

It's always been this way, even with the manual bodies. If you had a chrome FM2, it still looked like an AE1 that everyone and their uncle owns.

Believe it or not, the "look" of equipment is important when shooting professionally, even if you're just a weekend warrior shooting weddings and can't afford a 1Ds.
Polaris20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:26 AM   #19

Since I'm NOT a professional, I don't care what other people think about my equipment.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:31 AM   #20

Aside from functionaility (USM lens & AF Illum.) this whole color Black -vs- Silver .. Professional -vs- Amateur is ridiculous ... seriously folks... this is getting so out of hand.... if you want a black digital rebel go get a can of spray paint and masking tape and STOP WHINING already .......
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote