Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 13, 2004, 7:22 PM   #1

Default Stop The Madness - D70/300D/D100/10D

Ohenry,

You just might be the voice of reason in this place... why people keep posting the same stinking question over and over is beyond me ....... Answer is simple... Buy the one you can afford with enough to spare for flash and lens(s) if your new.... Stick with the brand you have if you already invested in glass ... and ill go out on a limb and be the sacrificial lamb of sanity....

THE DIFFERENCE IN ANY ENTRY LEVEL DSLR IS MINUTE AT BEST ..

And everyone that thinks there is some major/ huge/paramount difference in them is delusional there are subtle diffs at best +/- for each ...... the bottom line is FINANCES ... Everyone seems to be claiming to be a "pro" or "enthusiast" and needing a "backup camera" yet buying entry level dSLR's...

Chances are if your considering a D70 vs 300d:

YOUR AN AMATEUR AT BEST JUST LIKE THE REST OF US..... STOP FUSSING AND GET OVER YOURSELF

50% of the folks considering the D100 -vs- 10d:

YOUR AN AMATEUR AT BEST JUST LIKE THE REST OF US, BUT HAVE MORE MONEY TO BLOW..... STOP FUSSING AND IRRITATING US "POOR" AMATUERS.

The Other 50% considering the D100 -vs- 10d:

HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT YOUR DOING AND ALREADY KNOW WHAT FEATURES YOU NEED - IRONICALLY YOU ARENT THE PPL POSTING THESE DAILY QUESTIONS.

In car performance arena's theres a term called "Magazine Racers" -> Morons that never drive/race the actual car but compare which handles better/ accelerates faster based upon specifications only.

I hereby coin the phrase "Specification Photographers"

"Specification Photographers": (speh-si-fik-a-tion fo-tog-rah-furs) :The dopes that go down a specification list and compare cameras and features they dont understand based upon whether or not the circle is checked or not in corresponding columns and then rant and rave for days over things they dont remotely understand how to use.

Rant over... Im running and ducking for cover
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2004, 7:33 PM   #2

*DISCLAIMER* I have nothing to do with the above rant!

:lol: :lol:
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 7:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry

Well, something must have set poor Mr. Kryz off and he specifically mentioned you by name! (I tend not to even click on camera purchase threads anymore.... LOL)
Mr_Saginaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 7:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Saginaw
Quote:

Well, something must have set poor Mr. Kryz off and he specifically mentioned you by name! (I tend not to even click on camera purchase threads anymore.... LOL)
I knew I was somehow going to catch blame! LOL ...
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 7:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Saginaw
Quote:

I personally blame April 15th stress on my breakdown
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:00 PM   #6

OHenry:
:P to quote the famous boy that goes Ha-Ha, :P Ha-Ha...

:shock: People are still asking those questions? :shock:
I guess I must have a case of selective moose clicking.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:03 PM   #7

April 15? what happens on April 15?
Here in Canada it probably just snows or rains again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkryz
I personally blame April 15th stress on my breakdown
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:15 PM   #8

And I'm taking a break from taxes to read here....

I've just stopped clicking on most of those types of posts. Occasionally I will, because they occasionally ask good questions. But I'm usually disappointed.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:30 PM   #9

The dRebel is the best, and the 10D is better than that. The 1D mkII and 1Ds are the bestest.

Please read that statement again, then proceed to the Nikon forum where I will tell you the D70 is the best, the D100 better than that, and the D1X being the bestest.

It doesn't really matter, and making a $1000+ purchase based solely upon the opinions of people thousands of miles away at the other end of an internet connection is dumb.

Go shoot it. Print it. Then buy.
Polaris20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 10:43 PM   #10

Default Re: Stop The Madness - D70/300D/D100/10D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkryz
Ohenry,

You just might be the voice of reason in this place... why people keep posting the same stinking question over and over is beyond me ....... Answer is simple... Buy the one you can afford with enough to spare for flash and lens(s) if your new.... Stick with the brand you have if you already invested in glass ... and ill go out on a limb and be the sacrificial lamb of sanity....

THE DIFFERENCE IN ANY ENTRY LEVEL DSLR IS MINUTE AT BEST ..

And everyone that thinks there is some major/ huge/paramount difference in them is delusional there are subtle diffs at best +/- for each ...... the bottom line is FINANCES ... Everyone seems to be claiming to be a "pro" or "enthusiast" and needing a "backup camera" yet buying entry level dSLR's...

Chances are if your considering a D70 vs 300d:

YOUR AN AMATEUR AT BEST JUST LIKE THE REST OF US..... STOP FUSSING AND GET OVER YOURSELF

50% of the folks considering the D100 -vs- 10d:

YOUR AN AMATEUR AT BEST JUST LIKE THE REST OF US, BUT HAVE MORE MONEY TO BLOW..... STOP FUSSING AND IRRITATING US "POOR" AMATUERS.

The Other 50% considering the D100 -vs- 10d:

HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT YOUR DOING AND ALREADY KNOW WHAT FEATURES YOU NEED - IRONICALLY YOU ARENT THE PPL POSTING THESE DAILY QUESTIONS.

In car performance arena's theres a term called "Magazine Racers" -> Morons that never drive/race the actual car but compare which handles better/ accelerates faster based upon specifications only.

I hereby coin the phrase "Specification Photographers"

"Specification Photographers": (speh-si-fik-a-tion fo-tog-rah-furs) :The dopes that go down a specification list and compare cameras and features they dont understand based upon whether or not the circle is checked or not in corresponding columns and then rant and rave for days over things they dont remotely understand how to use.

Rant over... Im running and ducking for cover
wow...so touching...damm...do you really hate yourself that much...what a shame...
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote