Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 7, 2004, 12:32 PM   #11

Eric,

Hey, I understand that, and yes, Lexar 40X vs. Sandisk Ultra II is like comparing a Lambo to a Ferrari.

I was responding mostly to Xtaski who said "I sold my high speed ones and got the regular ones for about 2 to 1 because of the price difference."

I didn't want theophile to think he should forget all the high speed ones, and just get a regular Sandisk.

Funny thing for us Canuckers up here, Sandisk Ultra II is actually the CHEAPER one. No kidding. I just saw a 512 Sandisk Ultra II for $154 CDN, and that same store sells the 512 Lexar 40X for $199 CDN.

Graeme
Graeme Shiomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 1:03 PM   #12

Ah, I missed that statement. Yes, then I see where you're coming from. I certainly would get a SanDisk Ultra II over a "regular" or "standard" card. But I'd get an 18x Lexar or Transcent over the Ultra II just because the cost difference will be so great (if you can find one in the size you want.)

For me, I wanteda 1G card, so that limited my choices. I also like Lexar, they treat people well. And I like to support companies that do that.

That price difference is surprising. When the 80x Lexar comes out, I wonder how much the 40x will drop? That could be nice... although I did just get another 1G 32x, so I'm happy. Wish it were 40x, but its good enough.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 2:16 PM   #13

I bought 2 of the Sandisk Extreme 512MB cards and can say from personal experience that there is a night and day difference between them and my 1x & 4x 128 & 256 cards. I dont know how they stack up against other cards but its noticeably faster writing out the buffer especially when writing out multiple shots.
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 6:41 PM   #14

That would make sense, as I believe the extreme cards are someone around 40x. I don't know the exact speed number (and its starting to bug me that SanDisk doesn't put that on their cards...)

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote