Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 4, 2004, 7:08 PM   #1

Well my new 10d arrived on Monday!!! All I can say is what an awsome camera, so much to learn and so many mistakes to make. It was obvious after the first 50 or so shots that the 128MB cf cvard was no use to me, so I decided to try my Magicstore 2.2Gb card. After reading many posts describing problems I was expecting the worst, but no it works!!! The only 'problem' I can see so far is that it seems to take a long time to display theimage the first timeyou press the play button, after that they pop up with acceptable speed. So now I can shoot over 350 RAW filesor millions of Jpegs.

I cant stop the battery has charged and I need as much practice as my MD will let me.
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2004, 12:19 AM   #2

Hi biggles,
I have heard problems of the microdrive not powering off after the camera goes off. Are you having this problem? Any input would be much appreciated.

-assad
jarraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 6:15 AM   #3
NHL

I have the original 2.2GB MagicStor that works in my 10D as well... BTW the 2.2GB 'PLUS' is a newer version with improved compatibility:

http://www.gs-magicstor.com/english/...uct_a_07_x.htm
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 8:29 AM   #4

I am actually talking about the Digital rebel specifically. I believe it works well with the 10D. But I heard it does not work well with the rebel (300D). Woould like to know how much truth is there in that. Thanks.
jarraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 9:05 AM   #5

Unfortunately I can only speak for my experience with the 10D in which so far the card has performed without problem. My only real criticisms are that it can be a little slow to load the first image when viewing and it does seem to eat batteries. Mind you with the price of compact flash set to drop it may be that a 2gb cf card will be the same price.
Old May 27, 2004, 9:07 AM   #6

No problem with the 10d and the card powering off however when I used it in my casio qv3000 it would run on for a few minutes after I turned the camera off.