Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 23, 2004, 9:48 PM   #11

The Polo for a Purpose went very well. I have posted some of the pics at this link

http://www.pbase.com/gibsonpd3620/po...a_purpose_2004

I obtained the gig because my wife is the execuitve director of the office in El Paso. I provided my services at no cost. Tommy Lee Jones is in the red jersey with the number 1 and he wears a black hat. I shot with the canon ef 25-135 USM IS lens. I shot in the TV mode with shutter speed set at 500 or 640 and the white balance set to sunny. Provide any advice you can and please indicate the image number.

Thanks Phil
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2004, 11:38 PM   #12

Phil,

I like the first one,1302, and 1324. 1302 seemed to be pretty close! Since the weather was so nice, did you try your longer lens? Don't want to be critical, but the first one cropped to exclude the ref would be an even better picture. I think this is wherea bigger image sizecomes in handy. Overall, not a bad job. I don't know if you know a lot about polo, but you seemed to have captured the power and grace ofthe horses very well.Tell your wife you need a i9900 eight color printer to go with the L lens. I think some of the photos would look good printedat 13 x 19 size.

Bill
wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2004, 7:43 AM   #13

Bill

The 300mm lens arrives this week. It would have been great to have it here for this match. I have the Canon i960 printer as I usual do not print much bigger than 4X6. I will do a little post production work and print my favorites. Thanks
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2004, 12:19 PM   #14

Wongpix-

I thought this thread was about the pros and cons of Digital Rebel, not someone rattiling about THEIR equipment.

Any way - the 300D will work quite well for wedding shots, except you will HAVE to learn how to set it up correctly for the shoot.

A previous commenter mentioned using a external flash. Would strongly recommend it also. The built in flash is only good out to about 12 feet. After that, falloff is very quick. The Canon 420EX or 550 (if you can afford it) are good choices.

Either way - in fact either camera- a flash should be your top priority for accessories.

The kit lens for the DR is a good lens but not a "professional quality" performer. If your good at post processing - you can get adequate results.

Good Shooting.
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote