Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 3, 2004, 3:06 PM   #11

Great, thanks.

I was afraid that I was gonna hear horror stories about how buydig.com was a complete rip off who would steal my money, burn my house and drive over my dog.

When I get my Rebel, I'll post a follow-up on the board

Again, thanks.
jimmymagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 4:00 PM   #12

While you're awaiting delivery, move your money into an offshore account, increase the amount of insurance on your home, and kennel the dog for a few days.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:10 PM   #13

I purchased my 10D from BestBuy only for a few warranty reasons, and one simple personal reason. I purchased it from BestBuy because I was able to get the 4 Year BestBuy Warranty for $100.oo which in my book is better then what Canon can do for me. BestBuy WILL NOT attempt to repair the camera in any matter and plainly exchange it for a new one if ANYTHING is wrong with it. So I dont have to ship it out, worry about UPS damage or any other hassles with shipping, and then dont have to go without it for weeks. I figured if I was to spend that type of money, then I wanted to make sure I had the best available service that I could get, expecially for only 100 more.

The only other reason I purchased it from BestBuy was "INSTANT GRATIFICATION!" Who doesnt want that huh? I bought it and was able to pop that box in the car... and take it home and start looking at it within 15 minutes or so... That itself "At the time" was all worth it...

Say Cheese :| About a week earlier then you... :Plol

Its all up to you though... GL with whatever way you decide to go. I have personally done it both ways several times. Purchased E-10 and other Olympus Online and Kodak stuff... On the other hand accessories and lenses I will pretty much ALWAYS buy online. Dealers in my area seem to be expensive compaired to online when it comes to lenses... that must be the way they make their money?
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:16 PM   #14

ohenry wrote:
Quote:
While you're awaiting delivery, move your money into an offshore account, increase the amount of insurance on your home, and kennel the dog for a few days.

lmao... Never know whats gonna happen. Personally I would even board your windows... someone may attempt to use your camera to take pictures of you biting your nails waiting for the UPS guy... How embarrasing that would beto be postedinthe Stupid Pet Tricks forum with you on your side giving the boots to the rug infront of the door. Man just the thought is funny...
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 5:01 AM   #15

What abouthttp://www.bwayphoto.com? Is this store good? Has anybody ordered stuff from them? I would order EOS300D kit or Nikon D70 from them, are they serious dealer? What about shipping costs (some claimthey are very high)to Houston?

FarmerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:14 AM   #16

Listed below is a link that rates resellers. It dosen't look likemost people are happy with bwayphoto.com.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1570.html
jjgncmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:37 AM   #17

UniSonBBS wrote:
Quote:
I purchased my 10D from BestBuy only for a few warranty reasons, and one simple personal reason. I purchased it from BestBuy because I was able to get the 4 Year BestBuy Warranty for $100.oo which in my book is better then what Canon can do for me. BestBuy WILL NOT attempt to repair the camera in any matter and plainly exchange it for a new one if ANYTHING is wrong with it. So I dont have to ship it out, worry about UPS damage or any other hassles with shipping, and then dont have to go without it for weeks. I figured if I was to spend that type of money, then I wanted to make sure I had the best available service that I could get, expecially for only 100 more.

The only other reason I purchased it from BestBuy was "INSTANT GRATIFICATION!" Who doesnt want that huh? I bought it and was able to pop that box in the car... and take it home and start looking at it within 15 minutes or so... That itself "At the time" was all worth it...

Say Cheese :| About a week earlier then you... :Plol

Its all up to you though... GL with whatever way you decide to go. I have personally done it both ways several times. Purchased E-10 and other Olympus Online and Kodak stuff... On the other hand accessories and lenses I will pretty much ALWAYS buy online. Dealers in my area seem to be expensive compaired to online when it comes to lenses... that must be the way they make their money?
Quote:
I agree with the part about instant gratification and have bought quite few toys for myself from best buy. BUT If you add up the price difference,tax(if purchased from out of state reseller) and the bestbuy contract cost there is quite a difference in price. BestBuy Cost 10D 1499.98+ 7.5% tax 112.00 + contract 100.00 for a total of 1710.98. Good online reseller out of state 1267.00, Shipping 12.95 for a total of 1279.95. That is a price difference of 431.03. The camera comes with a 1 year warrenty through Canon who in my past experiance will repair and return the camera to you in about a week. After a year you have enough money to be half way to a new camera in savings or if prices continue to drop on digital slrs even closer.
Quote:
jjgncmg is offline   Reply With Quote